HI I REELY NEED HELP I CAND DO MY FIRST SALE 1 YEAR

EMILEE
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, urgent question can I while my physical business Beauty and Cosmetics Institute is in Israel to advertise the sale of products to the United States? And if so, what are the correct settings that I need to set in the basic settings? Or do I have to direct the store to the States? I'm really confused. Thank you very much.

Reply 1 (1)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @EMILEE

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I understand that your business is located in Israel and you’re interested in advertising and selling products to the United States. The first thing you will want to do is set up a payment gateway as this will allow you to collect payments from customers in the US. You do have a number of payment providers available for Israel which can be viewed on our payment gateway page. From there, you can select one that works best for your business. A very popular method is using 2Checkout as it allows you to accept many payment methods in multiple currencies. 

Now that your store will allow you to accept payments, a great suggestion is to add a store currency selector which allows your customers to choose their country or region from a drop-down list of countries, and all of the prices will be displayed in their currency. This can help if you are planning to sell your products internationally. Check out our guide on adding a currency selector to learn more. 

Next, you will want to set up your shipping and ensure that your potential customers in the US will be able to receive their product. You have the option to select multiple methods of shipping, but a very common method for international orders is carrier calculated shipping. With this rate, the price will be automatically calculated based on location, size, and weight of the product, which will ensure that you are not overpaying for shipping. Click here to learn more! 

Now that your shop is all set up to receive orders, I’d love to know more about which types of advertising tools you’re interested in using. Are you planning on using Facebook, Instagram, Google ads? Feel free to let me know more and we can move towards a marketing plan that works for your business. 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog