How can I add inventory to my new online store?

AmbersBoutique
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey all,

I just opened my store and am hoping someone can help me. I am having a hard time figuring out how to add my inventory to my site. 

I was able to figure out how to add the categories to the menu bar, however nothing is showing up when it is clicked on. Can someone please walk me through it?

Thank you!

Reply 1 (1)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 109

Hello @AmbersBoutique!

Congrats on taking the first step and opening your store!

Looks like you went a little ahead of yourself by setting up your Navigation first - essentially this is just how customers get to your products on the store, but if there are no products uploaded, for now they will come up as blank pages.

To add a product, take the following steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products.
  2. From the Products page, click Add product.
  3. Enter a title for your product, along with additional details.
  4. Click Save.

Once you have uploaded several products, you're going to want to think about sorting them into their respective categories or Collections to further simplify navigation. 

You will find that you can create an Automated collection and a Manual collection. The difference is in the name, Automated collections add products based on conditions such as Quantity, Product Tags, Product name etc., whereas on Manual collections you have to add each product individually.

Depending on what works best for you, I will share both ways of creating a collection.

For an Automated collection: 

For a Manual collection:

Once you have created your collection, you will find that as you're editing your navigation, you can now add those collections under whichever category. 

For more information on creating and adding products, you can explore our Help Center resources here.

Tell me a bit more about your business - I would be happy to see what other advice I can offer you here!

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog