How can I implement a round up feature in POS for non-profit thrift stores?

cjpletcher
Shopify Partner
4 0 3

I work with non profit thrift stores that use Shopify as a POS system. They'd like to have a round up to the next dollar feature. I've looked into apps that do this, but most only work with the online sales channel and the one I found that did work with POS, I couldn't get to work (we mostly use variants to ring products up and I was told it wouldn't work with product variants). Also, all the apps appear designed for a for profit business accepting donations for other non profits.

I could just set up a tax free $0.01 donation product and ask cashiers to adjust the quantity to facilitate the round up, but that's awfully cumbersome and likely cashiers will just stop asking because it'd be such a hassle. Ideally, we'd have a tile that we could select and the correct quantity would be entered automatically. 

Is there any kind of apps that allow you to create a product where the pricing or quantity can be determined by logic. Or any other app that while not designed to facilitate donations, would work for us?

Replies 2 (2)

mrniamster
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hello Have you tried ,

https://apps.shopify.com/pfand-deposit-fee/

Its gives the option to round up 

KatrinaJohnson
Visitor
2 0 0

I am also looking for this option for the exact same purpose. Other POS software has it, but I can't find an app that works with Shopify.

Any word on if this will ever be a possibility?