How can i wholesale sell on shopify ?

WaterTiger
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anybody would know how to set up a wholesale Shopify store Seperate from the retail store . Could you Duplicate the store front so it looks similar ? How would you do it ? is it difficult etc ? Thanks 

Replies 2 (2)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

Hey, @WaterTiger!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

You can absolutely sell wholesale on Shopify, and I'm happy to offer some suggestions and ideas to help you achieve this. To address your idea of having a duplicate storefront, that is one route you could go. Keep in mind however that you can only have one Online Store per Shopify account, which means if you wanted a separate storefront for your wholesale shop, you'd need to open a second Shopify account and pay for a second subscription.

If you decide to go this direction, we have some great information in our Help Center on making backups and duplicates of your shop information. You're able to export your products into a CSV file, adjust the pricing and product names to account for wholesale on the file, and then import them into your new store. You can also export and import theme files, but note that if you're using a paid theme you'll need to purchase the theme license on the second shop as well. This is because a theme purchase is only licensed on the shop it's originally purchased for. 

Another idea for selling wholesale is to have one Shopify account and one Online Store, and include a wholesale section within the site. This could be done by making a wholesale collection, or multiple wholesale collections. Here is some more information in our Help Center on making collections for you to refer to. 

I know that in some cases only qualifying customers will be eligible to buy wholesale. If this is something you want to implement while keeping everything on one site, an application like LockSmith or Wholesale Lock Manager will allow you to lock certain pages and sections of your site, giving you the power to choose who has access.

Let me know what you think of the above options, and I'll be happy to discuss further ideas with you if anything else comes to mind regarding selling wholesale! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

EmmaSmth
Explorer
45 0 19

Hi @WaterTiger!

I'm a team member of the KAD Wholesale app. Let me present you our product.

In order to save merchant's time we have designed an app that will allow you to have retail and wholesale in one store. 

Using App is simple. A few steps and setup is done:

-  First. Create a wholesale tag. The tag will contain products with a special discount, which is available only to registered wholesale buyers. In addition, you can also add limits on the minimum amount and items quantity in the order.

-  Second. Group your customers. All you have to do is link your customers to the tag you just created.

-  Third. If there are several discounts, use the one that you believe is necessary.

And that’s all! As soon as the selected customers enter your Store, they will see special purchase conditions created just for them. Moreover, app will be completelly free for 1 year.

Here is the link to you to try : https://apps.shopify.com/kad-wholesale 

Let me know what you think.