Inventory for a craft show and location question

CraftyJuniper1
Tourist
9 0 3

I recently added a location in anticipation for an upcoming craft fair, so I can charge the proper tax rate at that site.  when I look at my POS app I see that all my inventory is only available at my original online store location.  How do I sync to have all my inventory always with me, whether at home or at a craft fair?  If I add numbers to my fair location it will double my counts, which isn't correct.  I cannot pay for another add-on app at this time.

Thanks

CraftyJuniperBags

Replies 5 (5)

stokesben2011
Tourist
6 1 1

If you expect to only be only selling at a few craft shows, it may be worth the small hassle to use an iPad (assuming it's 3G+ or there is wi-fi at the event) to process orders. This is particularly true if you make more one-of-a-kind inventory -- without having your inventory quantity synced from Shopify, you risk overselling items. 

If your primary concern is the ability to accept payments outside of Shopify, in addition to the apps Batal Games pointed out, check out Spark Pay and Vend -- or even Square (though it cannot be integrated with Shopify).

Stitch integrates with Spark Pay, so you can manage both online (Shopify) and offline (craft show) transactions all in one place, as well as understand what sells best through each channel.

CraftyJuniper1
Tourist
9 0 3

My concern isn't the method of payment, but rather how to have my inventory show up online at the craft fair location. After posting this question I discovered the way to virtually transfer my inventory to the offsite location, which is what I plan to do the day before, then transfer the remaining goods back home at the end.

michelleb
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi, I'm getting ready to do a couple of holiday markets -- can you tell me how you did this transfer?

CraftyJuniper1
Tourist
9 0 3

you do it from the transfer button under inventory.  I am counting on this to work, though I haven't done it yet and wish there was a simpler way.

2021-11-11_11-44-37.png

CraftyJuniper1
Tourist
9 0 3

I think I found a slightly easier way to do this.  Make sure you have 2 locations active, your home location and the location of the new show.  From the inventory tab select all products you want to transfer.  then choose "edit variants".  on the upper right side pick "choose columns", then click on the home and the new location so they both show in your list.  then edit the number of items available in each column to move from one location to the next.  It is still a bit clunky, but at least this way you can see how many of each item you have that needs transferring, the previous method I explained you have to know or have printed out the total of each item you have.  then reverse the process after your show to have the inventory back at your home location.

Hope this helps.