Multiple stores created by accident

Jfen
Visitor
1 0 0

When I created my store, it was created 3 more times. I’ve selected a plan and my trial ends next week. I want to make sure I am charged with only one store and not four.

Reply 1 (1)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

Hey, @Jfen!

I'm Ava from Shopify and I'd like to help you out here.

When your trial is coming to an end, the only way you will be charged for a store is is you select a subscription plan and then add your credit card details to the Shopify admin section. If you do not select a plan or enter your card details, you will not be charged and your trial store will go into a frozen state. This frozen state is essentially closing the store - you will not receive charges and you have no access to the admin/storefront.

If you have several stores open but have only selected a plan/added credit card details to one, then this is the only one you'll be charged for. The other stores will freeze once the 14 days end and you will not be charged! If you like though, you can manually close the stores on a trial plan. I can walk you through the process!

1. Go to the Settings in your stores Admin sidebar.
2. Next, go to Plans and permissions
3. From there, scroll down to "Pause or Cancel Store".
4. Go to "want to close your store?" and click "Close my Store"
5. Enter your password to complete the process.

How are you getting on with building your store? Waas there anything I can help you with as you move towards launching? Happy to chat! 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog