Solved

Need to create different prices for POS than online

AHA
Tourist
3 0 7
I have a client that needs to be able to support one price online and another in their brick and mortar stores. I have not found an app that allows this. We synch our store with Amazon so duplicating products (we have over 23,000 of them) is not a reasonable solution. Without this feature, I will have to revert to WooCommerce. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Accepted Solution (1)
Ranzeb
Excursionist
13 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

I think i can create something that could fit your need. Do you want to get in touch and try to learn more about your problem? Of course this request it's open to all the other guys out there in order to try to create a solution app that will help you manage this issue

View solution in original post

Replies 44 (44)

irr
Tourist
3 0 8

We've been desperately needing this functionality as well, but sadly something that seems so simple is still missing from Shopify.  I have been through the forums, it has been requested for many years and I can't figure why Shopify wouldn't add this in.  Even being able to use the Compare At price for POS would do the trick for us.  

The suggestions by the "Shopify Gurus" that we duplicate all of our products and sync the inventory via an app is just not a viable solution.  This may work in a limited manner, but we are also interfacing into an accounting system and a further job management system, and any stock changes generated in these cannot be synced by an external app to the duplicated products.  

We are seriously considering another platform that allows such a seemingly simple function.

ClikzDigital
Tourist
4 0 1

SUIT-

Use SimpleSync to sync the POS and the Online orders. Cheap and easy

bail3y
Excursionist
12 0 14

I need this function as well! Have you found a viable solution since this post @irr ?

bail3y
Excursionist
12 0 14

I need this function as well! Cant believe I took all this time building my site and integrating it with my POS and that function is unavailable. I just assumed it was offered. I would have never gone with Shopify if I knew this. Has anyone found a viable solution yet?

Ranzeb
Excursionist
13 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

I think i can create something that could fit your need. Do you want to get in touch and try to learn more about your problem? Of course this request it's open to all the other guys out there in order to try to create a solution app that will help you manage this issue

AHA
Tourist
3 0 7
I would be happy to speak but the client does not have a huge budget. It would solve a problem for a lot of people
Ranzeb
Excursionist
13 1 3

I think i prefer to make something based on monthly fees instead of some custom quotation. I prefer to impact more people as possible also as a proof of my self and my journey through Product Management and Develop.  How can we get in touch?

AHA
Tourist
3 0 7
That works. Let me know what the next step is
Ranzeb
Excursionist
13 1 3

Just text me to this email: r.ranzieri@gmail.com and please provide me a complete overview of the problem so i can check more in detail what you want to accomplish. Also give to me a little presentation on who you're and what you do for living

TheHeel
Visitor
1 0 0

Were you able to create a solution for this issue?

ClikzDigital
Tourist
4 0 1

I was not. 

Ranzeb
Excursionist
13 1 3
I need to get a call with you in order to better understand your needs.

Can we do that? It will be about 30 mins.

Reptili
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Ranzeb,

What was your solution to this? 

Urgently looking to do the same, but can't see there any been any other viable solution other than creating duplicates for all products, which is crazy. 

riznwild
Tourist
4 0 8

unfortunately, still no solution for us….

mr_indiecords
Visitor
1 0 0

We desperately need this. Reach out to me if you are still building it, can help explain use case. Cannot believe this isn't a feature already in shopify.

BradyRyan
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! Were you able to develop a solution to this problem? Looking to open a brick and mortar store soon to sell alongside my online store (and hopefully with different pricing) so I am keen to find a solution.

Thanks!

Brady

riznwild
Tourist
4 0 8
Unfortunately, we still have no solution…
nomadbrad
Shopify Partner
8 0 34

Can you reach out to me and let me know your proposed solution so we can se if it would work for us?

DennisElbers
Excursionist
19 0 14

Were you able to solve this ?

Having the same issue. need different prices for different sales channels (Website-POS) 

DennisElbers
Excursionist
19 0 14

We soled this with discount Ninja. You can discount products online, but the POS shows the normal prices.

charlesr
Shopify Partner
28 0 8

Ok cool, will check it out

t-paul
Visitor
1 0 1

What about if you increase all prices by, say, 30%, and then offer a 30% discount for any in-person purchases.  

Seller_
Tourist
3 0 0

But what if you want to keep the online price lower than the POS. How do you increase a "30%" on the POS sales? There has to be a solution for the POS vs ONLINE prices.

khoff
Explorer
46 0 38
I am sure there is an expensive app for that. I have only been with Shopify a few months now and this whole relying on 3rd party apps to make the site work is ridiculous.

Robbie3
Excursionist
38 1 31

We need this too!  We go to trade shows and don't sell for different prices than we do online.  We would like to start hiring sales teams and we don't want our products to be on sale every weekend or every trade show.

We have over 1,300 products so duplicating makes it really complicated.  If we did and used Simple Sync, I think it would mess up our inventory forecasting with Stocky.  This seems like such an easy programming fix.

Sarah_Shelton
Tourist
5 0 24

We just solved this problem for our situation.

We discount all of our products by $5, but that doesn't always work out to the same % off.  So what we did is we created discount buttons labeled, "1 item, 2 items, 3 items, etc." and discounted by "$5, $10, $15, etc."

.IMG_2583.JPG

charlesr
Shopify Partner
28 0 8

We sell at full price in store (with discounts for club members, applied manually on the POS), but a constant discount 10% online website. Is there a way to achieve this without duplicate inventory weirdness?

hoverkart
Visitor
1 0 2

Duplicate the product(s) you want to be both online and on POS. Keep the same sku for both, you can have different prices, tags, types,

Candace-BisonUn
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, did you find a solution for this?  

charlesr
Shopify Partner
28 0 8

A bit leftfield, but turn the discount off in the morning during shop hours and turn it on again at the end of the day so that online customers in the evening see it.

Ludy_m
Visitor
1 0 1

Unfortunately there's no way to variably price an item and charge it according how it's purchased. To track inventory, Square Sync needs to be enabled which means item prices from the POS will sync to your Online Store also. 

bail3y
Excursionist
12 0 14

I need this function as well. Any solutions @AHA since this post?

riznwild
Tourist
4 0 8

Same issue. what's the point of having multiple locations if you can't have different prices at different locations? Here is our problem; we have an online store that's 1 location. BUT we also do outdoor events 2nd location we call it EVENT LOCATION which we want to be selling the same items from our online store just maybe in another state or city. We want our web site store 1 to have the regular prices and not change. But when we go to events, the 2nd location we want to offer a discount on most items but not have our website store 1 price change online. We tried the duplicate product then turned off the website location in the POS and only have the event location on BUT we also want to use the POS (iPad) to track inventory, and sales and use the barcode scanner to make it easy for us at events. But when we duplicate the item, we need the barcode to stay the same as it is on our website so when we return from an event we can put the items that did not sell back into our online store inventory. When we tested this with the barcode scanner we got an error saying duplicate barcode using the Shopify scanner so it won't work, it won't scan in or out if the barcode is the same (we also can't have different barcodes for the same product) So...... the only thing we can do which, is a COMPLETE TIME WASTER!!! is right before the event keep both locations live and manually markdown alllllllllllllllllllll the items we are taking to the event location which ultimately ends up marking down all the items on our website (which we do not want to happen but we have no choice). And keep in mind that after the event is over we have to again manually go back and RE-PRICE everything back to the normal price, so our website prices are correct and not discounted. Do that 2 times a month.. man, that's a lot of wasted time and money for our business. We can't figure out any workaround!! We have tried everything, I can't believe Shopify hasn't figured out a workaround for this. Seems like a much-needed application that a lot of small businesses needs? Let me know if anyone has a solution because this is lame!!!! 

DesignerJoe55
Explorer
45 0 22

Did you find a good solution for this?

khoff
Explorer
46 0 38

We need to have a solution that will allow us to do the same but also include different prices for another POS location for events. When we do events we offer lower prices and having to change the item price on every order is time consuming and costly. Using a $ off or % off order discount is not a valid way to run events. We need to be able to set the prices so the folks manning the booths know what they are charging the customers.

wbarrie01
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

Also looking for a solution to this problem. 

riznwild
Tourist
4 0 8

unfortunately, we still have no solution..... 😑 

Samparker
Excursionist
12 0 8

Still not solved 

Ranzeb
Excursionist
13 1 3

I've looked through the Shopify's developer documentation but at the moment there's no possible solution to automatize this process.

cpmdlg
Visitor
2 0 0

Do we have a solution ? What is it ? I need this

Reptili
Tourist
3 0 1
Hello!

There isn’t one.

I had to export all products, then reimport into drafts, before before importing, altering all SKU’s for POS use only, eg adding SU (store use) on the end of products titles and SKUS. Made sure sales channel was only selected for POS.

Then, bulk edited all original products to remove sales channel POS.

Then, when I was happy with all my drafts, bulk edited them as ‘active’.

Bit of a messy workaround, but once it was done, it works for now.

Hope this helps.
cpmdlg
Visitor
2 0 0
If we keep the same SKU does it get discounted from the same inventory?
Reptili
Tourist
3 0 1
No, not for us.

We sync with our warehouse system, so inventory will only sync with one listing. Each product listing has a unique Shopify item code.

Our store manually updates their stock. Obviously if product is sold against a store SKU, if updates. We use the transfer option for incoming deliveries and accept stock in (or reject).

dnayan
Visitor
1 0 0

One solution that we found was using the POS Variable Priced Products app. It does mean we have to adjust the products each time at the moment of sale, but its a good work around for now. Hope this helps some of you...