New order sound notification

Quortshirts
Tourist
4 0 5

Hello everyone!
I don't know if this is a right place...I hope so :)
I would suggest to Shopify inserting an audible notification type CHA CHING when a new order arrive... it's a great satisfaction to hear, like the sound of a cash shop.
What do you think?
Thank you 

Giovanna

Replies 38 (38)
pcecom
1 0 0

This is the simplest most common sense answer I found. Thank you!!

Unfortunately cannot mark this as the solution! 

jraymond12
3 0 0

I'm having the same issue. I just received an order today but there was no notification sound. I've gone through my settings on my iPhone (iPhone 11 if that makes any difference) and it says the notifications are on. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but that didn't help. 

Darkness
1 0 0

On Android note 9, reinstalling the app makes the cha Ching come back for only a day. Then it disappeared from custom notification sounds again in android settings. So I used the files app on Android, copied the Shopify cha Ching file to different folder, renamed it to something else, then back into notifications-shopify-orders, then I selected my renamed version of the cha Ching sound. So far it's stayed...

Ecodesigner
2 0 2

Hi this happened to me as well, lost my chaching recently !! Android S20 none of these suggestions worked at all. I had to do it the hard way.

1. On your phone Download the cha-ching sound here:
https://freesoundstock.blogspot.com/2018/06/shopify-sale-sound-effect.html

2. Follow these directions to add the file to your notifications library on your android.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejsUtt4FcJo&t=52s
Basically you  go to MyFiles on your android> find the file in your downloads > hold and press it > check move> go back to your notifications > messenger folder  and place into there. 

3. Then go to your shopify app>  settings> notificaitons>open settings >orders>sound >select your file

So satisfying, Worth it. and then once I did all this the option to install shopify sounds finally showed up... figures. But if all else fails this will work

rtlentol
2 0 0

Gennie, THANK YOU.  Your solution is the only thing that worked!

Trishm411
1 0 0

This worked once but now the shopify cha ching sound is gone and the shopify app doesn't give me the option to download it again. Disappointing Android!!

BuddhaBabe
2 0 0

Were you ever able to figure this out?  I am having the same problem!

rtlentol
2 0 0
I both deleted and re-downloaded the Shopify APP and also downloaded the cha
ching sound file to be used. Somehow it worked, but I find there is a delay
on orders coming through my phone now. Not sure if it's related.
NortonsCove
2 0 1

Thank you!!!