Obtaining my url attached on Shopify

BrittneyMajesty
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, 

I hope someone here can help me. 

I have an issue, I cannot gain access to my Shopify store currently it reads as inactive. However I’m still being charged the monthly fee for hosting the store through Shopify. Furthermore, my dilemma is I have a url ( owned by go daddy) attached to that store that I cannot gain access to that need to be remapped to another store. 

I have tried to contact support through various channel and no resolution has been made as of yet. I just want to know if it’s possible for someone to deactivate the url link attached to my old store faced-fashion.myshopify.com that I was in the process of rebranding. 

Reply 1 (1)

Greta
Shopify Staff
1099 118 139

Hi, @BrittneyMajesty!

Thank you for your post, I'm happy to help you out. You can definitely disconnect your GoDaddy domain from your Shopify account when you're able to regain access to it. Once that is done, you can then either continue with your Shopify account using a different domain or you can close your account if you prefer. 

You mentioned you tried getting in touch with our support team — was it through the Help Center? Through the Help Center you can connect with our live Support team through email, live chat, or callback. I'm unable to provide account-specific support through the Community so I wouldn't be able to look into why you're unable to access your account, but our live Support team can definitely investigate this issue for you.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you out with! 

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog