POS/Inventory Alternatives to Counterpoint

PSNecommerce
Excursionist
11 1 11

Trying to do all the research I can within the community, so not looking for the easy way out - but want to float this out there in case anyone has any suggestions - would be most grateful.

We are: One retail store, (will eventually be a few more) with Shopify web presence, about 3900 variants. One Warehouse location. Our team is comprised of sophisticated buyers with extensive experience from a major big box retailer you would know. 

We have older legacy NCR hardware with cash drawer running Windows 7 which actually serves our purposes quite well - the terminals serve a crucial dual function allowing staff to use as computer and email customers and internals while running CP POS (among other things).

We've used NCR Counterpoint for many years, served by a third party, and we utilize much of CP's capabilities, but since migrating to Shopify a couple years ago we use a pretty well known integrator to integrate CP and Shopify.  Unfortunately, our experience is terrible.   We spend hours solving unnecessary probs with inventory. It's evident this process is not working.

Wondering what apps or series of apps anybody has experience with that could replace CP functionality cleanly and still have the buying functions required. Having 'computer' terminals as opposed to dedicated tablet POS has proved to be important, so not clear if Shopify's POS solutions are a fit ...

Again we're doing our due diligence but I am throwing this Hail Mary out there in the event there any suggestions  - open to any thoughts or reposting this  a more appropriate place -thanks so much.

Replies 7 (7)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

Is the issue with the actual integration between CP and Shopify or how inventory is being handled by both systems? Ideally if you prefer to use CP would be easier to keep it and just solve the issues.

Regards

Tom

PSNecommerce
Excursionist
11 1 11
The updating takes way too long, we dont have real time information during
the day, unless we close the drawers after every sale, at which point the
info moves over, and even then it takes an hour to update, etc etc. We've
been through all this with our integrator and they can't improve. We need
to remove a step out of the process, or at least have apps doing some of
this, much more quickly.

We've used CP for years but hardly wedded to it.

Does that help?
productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey

Yeah just checking how stuck with using it you were as not easy to swap to something new. 

Shopify POS doesn't do PC I believe so probably not the best fit.

I know that vend has PC option so might be one to investigate: https://www.vendhq.com/au/shopify

Regards

Tom

PSNecommerce
Excursionist
11 1 11

Thank you!  Will look.

ConnectPOS
Shopify Partner
119 1 12

Hi @PSNecommerce,

I think ConnectPOS can be the perfect choice for you. Let me list some of the most outstanding features for you:

• Work with both desktop and mobile devices: ConnectPOS can function properly when there's a browser.
  • Synchronize with Shopify: Data relating to inventory, order and customers is auto-synced between POS and Shopify backend. Whenever there's a change in one touchpoint, the other gets updated simultaneously.
  • Customizable and support multiple payment gateways: The POS is integrated with multiple secured payment gateways such as Authorize.net, Adyen, Tyro, CardKnox, Payment Express. You can easily integrate your chosen gateways; our team is always ready for customization.

You can take a look at ConnectPOS here. Hope the app be a great ally for your business. 

ConnectPOS - Shopify POS app for PC, Android, iOS, omnichannel retail, inventory control.
PSNecommerce
Excursionist
11 1 11
Thanks. Will check it out. Sounds like it needs to be partnered with qt
least one other app to replicate the buying min/max functions.

ExoticUnicorn
Visitor
1 0 0

@PSNecommerce wrote:

Trying to do all the research I can within the community, so not looking for the easy way out - but want to float this out there in case anyone has any suggestions - would be most grateful.

We are: One retail store, (will eventually be a few more) with Shopify web presence, about 3900 variants. One Warehouse location. Our team is comprised of sophisticated buyers with extensive experience from a major big box retailer you would know. 

We have older legacy NCR hardware with cash drawer running Windows 7 which actually serves our purposes quite well - the terminals serve a crucial dual function allowing staff to use as computer and email customers and internals while running CP POS (among other things).

We've used NCR Counterpoint for many years, served by a third party, and we utilize much of CP's capabilities, but since migrating to Shopify a couple years ago we use a pretty well known integrator to integrate CP and Shopify.  Unfortunately, our experience is terrible.   We spend hours solving unnecessary probs with inventory. It's evident this process is not working.

Wondering what apps or series of apps anybody has experience with that could replace CP functionality cleanly and still have the buying functions required. Having 'computer' terminals as opposed to dedicated tablet POS has proved to be important, so not clear if Shopify's POS solutions are a fit ...

Again we're doing our due diligence but I am throwing this Hail Mary out there in the event there any suggestions  - open to any thoughts or reposting this  a more appropriate place -thanks so much.

Data identifying with stock, request and clients is auto-matched up among POS and Shopify backend. At whatever point there's an adjustment of one touchpoint, different gets refreshed all the while.