POS - Multiple Exchanges

spearamerica
1 0 2

Huge issue with this right now. Customer is demanding their money and we have no clue what to do with the Exchange Credit BS. I guess we need to start looking for a new POS since this is not the only issue we encountered the last year and a half we have been using it.

BHSPTA
2 0 6
Hang in there.
Go into the original sale and refund the customer. Don’t select a product
to refund, just choose the amount that you want to credit them. Then make
sure you offset that refund against the exchange credit in your accounts.
Shopify really need to allow refunds on exchanges.
Rayan_Bahabri
Tourist
4 0 2

Any update on this issue @Shopify?

JJ-miras
Tourist
6 0 5

Also waiting for a reply. Is it being worked on?
We need multiple exchanges. We run a sporting goods retail store. Our customers exchange quite often. 

jbodor
Tourist
7 0 9

One of my merchants is also having issues with this same process. It is really inconvenient as in some cases the Clerk issuing the second exchange has a POS Login, but is not a Registered User in the Shopify Back Office App. This then requires a Shift Lead to do the exchange, and as stated we can't print a receipt through the Thermal Receipt printer for the customer. A better solution needs to be put in place here.

Will_Cervarich
Excursionist
18 0 21

YES, this is a huge problem. Shopify POS needs to allow infinite exchanges or at least something with plenty of buffer room like 10 exchanges. We regularly have customers who want to exchange and exchange. I don't think we've ever gotten to an exchange of an exchange of an exchange yet, but I'm sure it'll happen some day. Please help, Shopify.

Also: the new POS doesn't allow for shipping to be added to an exchange on POS. You can mark it as unfulfilled, but you can't enter a shipping address or select a shipping service. This is a problem too, and one that didn't exist with the old POS.

jbodor
Tourist
7 0 9

Shopify, has there been any update on this? In checking the most recent release notes I am still not seeing any improvement on this. Which is something that one of my stores experience at least a couple of times per month.

lyates
Tourist
7 0 8

Still not fixed....

Totally unhappy....

This system of exchanging just does not work for us......

ThePinesRides
1 0 0

This makes sense - thank you.

"Then make sure you offset that refund against the exchange credit in your accounts." Are you able to further explain? 

0 Likes
hstb
Explorer
55 2 34

Also there no way to put an exchange or return on hold (save cart).

Scenario: Customer tells you they have an exchange/return and you start the transaction. They then change their mind and decide to shop more. 

Also there's no way to switch between an exchange and a straight return or vice versa. You have to go back and lose your progress.

Scenario: customer decides to do an exchange then changes their mind. Or they want to get a refund then change their mind and decide to shop more.