POS Sending mutiple receipts to customers

Mario-Feliz
Visitor
1 0 0

We use Shopify POS sytems in our bick & mortar shops and for the last two weeks, when a customer wants to have their receipt emailed or texted to them, the POS would send the receipt repeatedly, every minute. We've had customers receive 50 or more emails/texts from us with their receipt. The first time this happened, we were able to get it to stop by forcequitting, then restarting the app. We notified Shopify support and they said we should log-off then on again. Which we did, and I have my staff do that regularly. We have kept our iPads up to date as well as running regular updates on the POS app.

It's still happening, and I would like to know if anyone else is having this issue, and what you've done or heard about it.

Thanks,

Mario

Reply 1 (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @Mario-Feliz.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand how important it is for our merchants, like yourself, to be able to use our platform effectively when delivering notifications and that you've already contacted our Support team. However, as I'm not seeing any other reports of this or a similar issue, it looks like we will need to access your account once more and take a closer look at the issue.

If you haven't done so already, our Technical team may also need to have you send a report log from Shopify POS for each of your devices, so that they can properly diagnose this issue. While I'm not able to help with getting in touch with our Technical team, as we're unable to provide account-specific support via the Community Forums at this time. Nevertheless, our Support team would be happy to assist you with this through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to get in touch with our Support team.

Did our Support team already have you send a report log when you reached out initially? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog