Retrieving Staff Who Helped with Sale

Tendrilsio
1 0 0

Folks i need to collect the information on who helped with the sale (staff member) and pass it to accounting software so that we can give commissions. 

So far i have not seen any object which has this information. Please help!!

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1016 83 246

Pinging this yet again. The question was first posed a little over a year ago. Any idea if/when this property will be exposed via the Shopify GraphiQL?

Trying this against the 2020-07 RC still resulted in the same outcome. Specifics below. In order to have a truly extensible solution that integrates well with other services this is definitely a nagging issue.

{
  orders(first: 10, sortKey: CREATED_AT, reverse: true) {
    edges {
      node {
        lineItems(first: 10) {
          edges {
            node {
              staffMember {
                name
              }
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}
{
  "errors": [
    {
      "message": "Field 'staffMember' doesn't exist on type 'LineItem'",
      "locations": [
        {
          "line": 8,
          "column": 15
        }
      ],
      "path": [
        "query",
        "orders",
        "edges",
        "node",
        "lineItems",
        "edges",
        "node",
        "staffMember"
      ],
      "extensions": {
        "code": "undefinedField",
        "typeName": "LineItem",
        "fieldName": "staffMember"
      }
    }
  ]
}
0 Likes
LizP
1 0 0

We are having the same problem. The summary report doesn't inclue a hyperlink to see the detail so there's no way to audit the total without creating my own report from scratch. I've contacted Shopify several times without an answer yet. I can't even see the name of the staff member attached to each receipt as the back office user, so the report functions are super frustrating

0 Likes
Harel
Shopify Partner
37 0 2

Hi Greg,

Anything new regarding this query?

A Shopify merchant.
Founder of @Staffy (https://apps.shopify.com/staffy) - Employee management platform for Shopify.
0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1016 83 246

Nope. Appears to be same-old, same-old. Tried the GraphQL query I listed above using the 2020-07, 2020-10, as well as the unstable API versions. Still cannot be accessed via the API. 

0 Likes
travisheaver
1 0 0

@Josh  pinging this as well. Any update on Retrieving Staff who helped with sale? I just tried with 2021-04, same response "Field 'staffMember' doesn't exist on type 'LineItem'"

0 Likes
colinkrumware
2 0 1

We also need this desperately