Sales channel availibility in csv file?

M_Vili
Tourist
9 0 5

I'm working on setting up a POS & am wondering if there's a way to make a product as active in the POS sales channel before importing?

Its kind of a pain to have to go back & change that option once products have been imported...

Replies 6 (6)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @M_Vili,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

It is currently not possible to automatically publish products to POS using a CSV file. What you're seeing would be normal behavior as the "Published" column in the CSV is currently only connected to the "Online Store" and not POS, or other sales channels.

However, there is a workaround! You have the option to upload CSVs unpublished and then use the bulk editing feature to define the channel availability. This is obviously another step to add before getting things live, but, could be a nice option in the meantime. If you're open to trying the Bulk Editor, I'd suggest reading this guide as well:

If you have any more detail or info to share on why you want to see this change in CSV uploads, please let us know. Having more information on how this affects your workflow and business is really helpful when the developers decide on what features to change. I'm glad to submit any feedback to our development team. It's not an immediate and guaranteed solution, however, we do consider your suggestions when we release updates on our platform. Updates will be published on our Shopify Changelog page:

As you're utilizing the POS channel, you may be curious in learning more from Shopify's own Retail team. I've attached the course below should you be interested:

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

M_Vili
Tourist
9 0 5

Yes, I have used the bulk editor, mostly to correct this problem.

With Shopify going into the POS sector, could that feature be added in the future?

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Glad to hear you have been utilizing the bulk editor @M_Vili!

I completely understand the need for this with tailoring product imports for POS, so I have gone ahead and submitted a feature request on your behalf to our development team. As previously mentioned, it's not an immediate and guaranteed solution but we do consider your suggestions when we release updates on our platform.

Don't hesitate to reach back out if you require any further assistance as you continue to work on your store,

M_Vili
Tourist
9 0 5

Is there a way to select ALL of the items in a list & apply the change?

I'm finding myself only being able to select as many as I can drag the box down, only selecting what I can see - you can't have more items display per page or click at top of list, hold down a key, scroll to the bottom & click again to select all?

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

@M_Vili 

You can bulk select all list items on a page as well as every product in your store. There is a master checkbox at the top of most item lists. You can click the master checkbox to select every list item on a page:

21-11-ejy65-6z5hm

There is also a master checkbox at the top of most item lists. You can click the master checkbox to select every list item on a page. You can select more than 50 items for a bulk action:

21-11-z8jkh-wdxkx

Is this what you are referring to? 

DanielleC
Visitor
2 0 1

Is it possible to add a search criteria for products such as "Tagged With" and then click "Select all products in this store" to edit all the products that fit the search criteria? See screen shot. I don't want to change all my products, I only want to edit the products that fit my search criteria.

I have over 3,600 items I want to make available in my POS system only and I do not want them posted in my online store. I have been using the bulk editor but it is very inefficient to drag down the box selection for 3,600 items. It would be so much better if this was available in the CSV table as a separate column for each sales channel you want an item available on.

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 3.16.57 PM.png