Shopify POS Add Customer Accepts Marketing Option

kt_SOLEQUEST
Visitor
3 0 2

Anybody else having this issue? 

Before, when I hit Add Customer, it brings me to a page that allows me to hit "Accepts Marketing" button at the bottom

Now after filling Add Customer, I need to go into the customer profile to hit the "Accepts Marketing button. Extra step is just annoying - staff more likely to forget.

Replies 6 (6)

Red2
Shopify Partner
11 1 5

This is happening with my POS clients too.  It's really annoying.

battboo
Tourist
10 0 13

YES!!! And it is really frustrating me. Also you can't just search a customer like we used to. The POS seems to assume that everybody is a NEW customer and it's the 80/20 rule where only 20% are new, most are returning! I have sent numerous requests to shopify to fix this, go back the way it was. I don't think they listen until they have enough feedback. PLEASE let them know.

yarnit
Tourist
5 0 9

Shopify has made a lot of changes that require extra steps, but this one is the most frustrating because it's essentially at the front end instead of at the back end. I hate that it takes more time now to check out a customer. I've thought it bad when Shopify changes started taking me extra time at the end of the day to reconcile and do other behind-the-scenes stuff, but this is way worse.

battboo
Tourist
10 0 13

100% this is the worst change ever!!!

HauntedGameCafe
Tourist
3 0 0

Agreed. The entire point of getting the customer's info at checkout is for marketing. Why would you hide this setting?

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1679 195 288

Hi there, @HauntedGameCafe. Thanks for taking the time to follow up on this thread and share your feedback around this change in workflows with accepting marketing for your customers.

I've gone ahead and completed a feedback submission on your behalf to our Retail Development Team. We're always collecting feedback to enhance our products and investigate changes we've made and their efficacy, so we're thankful you took the time to share some feedback with us today.

Additionally, I recommend that any time you have feedback around POS that you would like to share, that you use the contact options available in the 'Support' Tab of the POS App. Reaching out to us this way gets you directly connected with our Retail Team, who are the folks best equipped in all things Retail and POS!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog