Solved

Shopify POS App - Feedback please

IAClothing
Tourist
9 0 4

I just downloaded the Shopify POS app for Android. I played around with it (no test orders yet) and it seems like it will be great.... However, the app has 2.7 stars rating right now (many 1 star recent reviews) saying that the app crashes during transactions after a recent upgrade.

Does anybody have positive or negative feedback to share? I want to make sure it is solid before I start using it. Thank you

Accepted Solution (1)

petgrocer
Trailblazer
236 2 353

This is an accepted solution.

Read through the retail forums to get an idea of the challenges with this system. You'll discover many retailer simply give up trying to get answers and don't bother posting anymore. Look for things your current pos does well and ensure you search the forums to see if shopify can actually perform that task. It is lacking in many basic pos functions that are frustrating at the retail level. Know what you are walking into and it will be less frustrating for you when you make the choice with the information up front.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

petgrocer
Trailblazer
236 2 353

This is an accepted solution.

Read through the retail forums to get an idea of the challenges with this system. You'll discover many retailer simply give up trying to get answers and don't bother posting anymore. Look for things your current pos does well and ensure you search the forums to see if shopify can actually perform that task. It is lacking in many basic pos functions that are frustrating at the retail level. Know what you are walking into and it will be less frustrating for you when you make the choice with the information up front.

IAClothing
Tourist
9 0 4

Hi, petgrocer.  Thanks for your response.  I think I got my answer from the app itself already.  It crashes immediately before I can even enter the pin number.

IAClothing
Tourist
9 0 4

In case anyone is following this, I am going to try Zettle which is a service by PayPal.  It looks like it's similar to the Shopify POS app and integrates with Shopify's inventory.  I will update to share my experience.

Meital_Benaroya
Visitor
3 0 0

I havent had it crash once at all and I’ve been using it for over a year.