Solved

Shopify POS - Is it ok?

IvyCottage
4 0 0

Hi, 

I'm UK based and have a bricks and mortar shop as well as a website through Shopify. I am currently with EposNow for my till system with shopify integrated however am finding them more and more unreliable.

I am considering the Shopify POS - can I have pros and cons from those who use it please?

Many thanks

Rachel

Accepted Solution (1)

Chrisjigsaw
Shopify Partner
42 1 35

This is an accepted solution.

As a web/shopping cart system, Shopify is a pretty good option. Not sure if it's the best, but it's got a lot of pros. Their POS system, however, is nothing but abyssmal. I can't think of a single good thing to say about it, other than the fact that it lets you link your physical shop up with your website. Right now, I'm using it, but I feel totally trapped and I would do anything to ditch this horrible system. Alas, I cannot recommend anything better, as I am still stuck in the Shopify hell/trap of my own making, but if I ever figure out a better solution, I'll update this post.  Other than that, I'll just say: please DON'T use this terrible system and get stuck like I am now...

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Chrisjigsaw
Shopify Partner
42 1 35

This is an accepted solution.

As a web/shopping cart system, Shopify is a pretty good option. Not sure if it's the best, but it's got a lot of pros. Their POS system, however, is nothing but abyssmal. I can't think of a single good thing to say about it, other than the fact that it lets you link your physical shop up with your website. Right now, I'm using it, but I feel totally trapped and I would do anything to ditch this horrible system. Alas, I cannot recommend anything better, as I am still stuck in the Shopify hell/trap of my own making, but if I ever figure out a better solution, I'll update this post.  Other than that, I'll just say: please DON'T use this terrible system and get stuck like I am now...

IvyCottage
4 0 0

Oh NO! Thank you for your candid answer. I will take heed and stay away. I feel your frustration though, I am the same with EposNow, the customer service is abysmal and the glitches are daily. They sometimes choose a Saturday to do maintenance! I hope you find a solution. Thank you for your reply.

RobertCo
Shopify Partner
22 1 10

For a different view point: We use Shopify POS (at 5 stores) in combination with Shopify for our online business and have mostly nothing but positive things to say for it. It's for the most part an exceptionally stable and user friendly POS which integrates into the Shopify ecosystem allowing you to do clever things with developments / apps to enhance the overall solution. 

There are some major drawbacks to the system, including not having a native solution for customer reserves & variable priced products. As well as they really do restrict you to using Shopify Payments on POS & don't integrate with other payment providers. 

However generally speaking the positives do outweigh the negatives. 

IvyCottage
4 0 0

Helpful. Thank you

Cpointpond
Excursionist
11 0 3

Do you integrate with Quickbooks Desktop or QB Online?  What are your must have apps for the POS side of Shopify?  Thanks for your input.

JENIECHO212
Visitor
1 0 0

Ha! It just so happens that I was with Epos and only a week ago ditched it for ahopify pos. Epos and shopify app were an utter nightmare so because I had a shopify store I closed epos down and went with shopify.  That way my brick and mortor inventory would sync with online. Perfect! No! I've had so many issues with the card reader that I could just literally scream!!!! I can't believe they will charge monthly for something so horrible. The only good thing is the syncing of inventory.  Love that but other than checking people out....total nightmare.  I have a business to run, why should I spend 2 to 3 hours a day trying to connect and then praying it works?????

IvyCottage
4 0 0

Absolutely feel your pain! I am so over EposNow, its horrible to try to work with and if something does work well theres always something else that works just as badly. I hope you manage to get Shopify sorted, I'm not seeing anything that makes me want to change over. As much as I want to ditch EposNow, I'm kinda thinking 'better the devil you know' at the moment.