Shopify POS - Third Party Merchant Terminal

Graham78
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Hi,

We are seriously considering implementing Shopify (for our online store) and Shopify POS (for our single bricks and mortar location). We already have some good arates in place with our 3rd party card terminal provider (Worldpay). This is integrated with our current in-store tills. Is there anyway to integrate this with Shopify POS? Rather than using the Shopify Payments card reader solution.

Ideally we want to carry on using our 3rd party provider, without having to process it as a custom payment in Shopify POS and then manually enter the figure on the terminal.

Thanks,

Graham

Replies 2 (2)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@Graham78 

What you're hoping to set up won't be possible I'm afraid. If you wish to use a third-party payment provider when using Shopify POS then it will require setting up a custom payment provider as a third-party payment providers can not be integrated into the POS system. 

More information on setting up a custom payment method can be found here. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ApexSawTool
Visitor
2 0 0

@Trevor It's disappointing that Shopify POS would go this route.  I would be willing to pay more for the Shopify POS, if it allowed for integrating our current merchant processor.