Shopify supported POS hardwares are not available in my country.

Folake1
Excursionist
76 0 8

Hi, I just set up the POS feature on my store and even tho I do not have a physical store, I still would like to use the Barcode scanner and receipt printer when packing orders but the supported POS hardware listed on the Shopify websites are not available in my country Nigeria. I have looked everywhere, I couldn’t find them unless I am importing from another country which is not cost-efficient considering the shipping fee. I will like to know if I could use any other 2D Barcode Scanner and receipt printer. 

Replies 3 (3)

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 173

Hi there, @Folake1

Welcome to the Community! Definitely a great place to gather some input regarding anything about the platform!

With regards to your inquiry, since Nigeria is not yet one of the countries where Shopify POS hardware is available, you can refer to this help document that provides you a list of all possible devices that are compatible to use. 

If you are not located in a country with a Shopify hardware store, then you can refer to the following tables in the document attached above for supported model numbers and purchase hardware from a verified third-party retailer of your choice.

Definitely let me know how this works out for you. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Folake1
Excursionist
76 0 8

Hi, I have seen the supported POS hardware page for stores that are located in a country where there is no Shopify hardware store. On the page, there are two options for supported barcode scanners, the SocketScan® S700 and SocketScan® S740, unfortunately, you can not get either of them anywhere in my country. No third-party retailer sells them, at least from my experience. Same with the receipt printers. My question is, can I use hardware from a different brand that is not listed on the shopify website? There are other brands that make wonderful hardware but Shopify just had to list devices from a few brands. 

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 173

Thank you for that added information, @Folake1

Are you able to tell us more about the exact usage you will have for these devices: barcode scanner and receipt printer? It appears you will only be using these for packing purposes so getting a clearer understanding of what your motives are for your business can possibly provide us some work arounds or alternatives for this inquiry. 

For a more immediate and real time assistance, please keep in mind that you also have our 24/7 live support team at your disposal. 

I look forward to hearing more from you however and assisting you further in this POS hardware inquiry. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.