Is it worth transitioning from Wordpress to Shopify for my doll business?

lernarmova
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I have created a website using Wordpress. We sell life size mannequins and silicone sex dolls that are designed for sexual wellness. The website in question can be found here: dollsafari.

Does anyone know if it is worth switching from Wordpress to Shopify? What could be the pros and cons of a switch like this?

Please let me know!

Worker bee Lena
Reply 1 (1)

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 173

Hi there, @lernarmova

Welcome to the Community! Definitely a great place to gather some input regarding anything about the platform! We have a great group of contributors who are always willing to provide their own expertise and experience with regards to Shopify! 

I personally am not able to speak regarding WordPress but I look forward to what other contributors may have to say who have experiences with said platform.

As for Shopify however, this is definitely a kind of business you can easily move over to us. I recommend you read over the following resources I have found for you to give you an overview of Shopify, our features, and how we can assist you in operating your online store: 

• Selling Sex Toys Online: this is a great blog post from us that helps you get started with an online store with these category of products and all the information you may need to do so. 
  • Introduction to Shopify : this document is part of our help center which houses every sort of manual you can possibly need to successfully run a Shopify store. It will also go over our features in which you can use it to operate, run, and grow your business.
  • Pricing and Plans : another great page that outlines all our prices and plans for you to see what you may possibly need and simply to give you all the pricing information to move forward accordingly.
  • 14 Day Free Trial: I definitely recommend you give our free trial a go as it is a great way to get a firsthand feel of the platform and how it can possibly work for you and your store. It is completely free and you only insert your credit card information once you are ready to pick a plan that works for you. 
  • Get Started With Your Migration Process 

Definitely let me know how these resources work out for you! Please do let us know if you have any further questions regarding this possible move. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.