FROM CACHE - en_header

Tap & Chip Will Not Reconnect at Either of My Two Stores!

Solved
MICG
Tourist
7 1 3

Over the last few days, we have had both of our Tap & Chip devices start to randomly disconnect at each of my 2 physical stores. Initially, we could get them to reconnect by having the IPad forget the device and then go through the entire reconnection procedure. However, today BOTH Tap & Chip machines would not reconnect. I have tried making sure all updates have been done, forgetting the device on the IPad and reinstalling, however I just keep going in circles. The POS will not reconnect even though the lights are cycling from side to side and it tells me to have the IPad forget the device and then the IPad won't reconnect to the Tap & Chip. If it does (after many attempts) and I go to the POS to reconnect, it fails and sends me back to the IPad to forget the device. I am losing sales at both locations and cannot get through on the phone to support! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 212

This is an accepted solution.

I just received an update that this has now been resolved, @MICG. Can I please get you to try to accept a payment with the reader? Here is our help doc with the steps: Accept a tap payment with the Tap & Chip reader.

Please let me know how it goes!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 212

Hey, @MICG.

Tira here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing disconnections with your Tap & Chip readers. I know that it's important to keep your business going and I want you to know that we are aware of some Shopify POS Tap & Chips readers are disconnecting and are currently investigating to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, you can still take payments by entering card details manually or your customers can go to your website to make purchases online.

Here are the steps to enter a manual payment from our help docs:

1. From the Cart screen, tap Charge.

2. From the Select payment dialog, tap Credit.

3. Enter the credit card details, and then tap Done.

4. Tap Charge to process the payment.

5. Decide whether to provide the customer with a receipt, and then tap Complete order to return to the Shopify POS products screen.

Where are you located?

MICG
Tourist
7 1 3

I am located in Ottawa. Thank you for the information. The problem I am having with the manual inputting of credit card information is many customers don't want to do that resulting in lost sales.

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 212

Thanks for your reply, @MICG. That makes sense. We are seeing an interruption with the Tap & Chip reader with some Canadian stores. Our developers are monitoring the situation to make sure that it will be resolved. Hopefully it will be resolved soon so that you can continue to take payments with your readers. Thank you for your patience while we work on this for you.

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 212

This is an accepted solution.

I just received an update that this has now been resolved, @MICG. Can I please get you to try to accept a payment with the reader? Here is our help doc with the steps: Accept a tap payment with the Tap & Chip reader.

Please let me know how it goes!

MICG
Tourist
7 1 3

Yes, both Tap & Chip devices are now working. Thank you for your help.

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 212

Thank you for the update. I'm so glad to hear that they are working for you, @MICG

Cheers,