Tap and Chip Reader not working. Blinks 3 blue dots, followed by 4 pale blue dots, followed by 1 red

Steveminty
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey guys, my tap and chip reader was working well just last month and now it's not working anymore. My ipad can't connect to it and I can't do anything other than to see it blink the pattern above. Got any suggestions?

Replies 4 (4)

michelle13tx
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello. My reader is doing the exact same thing as of 8/31/21. I can’t find any other information on this error. Wondering if it is related to an update? Hope this is resolved soon because these cars readers are back ordered until early 2022, according to Shopify’s site. 

Shana_Joseph
Tourist
4 0 1

I currently have the same issue. My tap and chip reader is blinking one red dot, followed by four blue dots followed by three pale blue dots and one purple-ish dot. This, after having used it for some time. Did it just go defective, or an update?

Izabella
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello everyone I am having the same issue and can’t seem to get an answer on a resolution ! can anyone help please!

Aaron_Kroontje
Shopify Partner
18 0 11

Did you have any luck? So irritating to be out at events and have what was working yesterday just stop and no help on the diagnostic front 1 resets don’t seem to do anything!