Solved

Are General or Niche Stores More Profitable on Shopify?

Hk13
Tourist
8 0 1

1. Is it better to have a general store or a niche store? 

2. Are watch and jewelry stores profitable? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Hk13

When it comes from my experience supporting our merchants on the platform, I have found that stores with a clear niche or category of products that they sell perform better as customers who visit their site know exactly what it's about and are not overwhelmed with too many choices. Specializing in a specific niche also gives customers some sort of comfort that the store they are visiting is selling good, quality products since they are solely focused on watches, for example. 

However, you can also not negate the power of a well-designed website. If you can display an entire department of goods in a way to excites and entices your customers then all the power to you. I recommend you come up with a couple plans you want to pursue then tweak it as you observe how your customers are interacting with the store.

I am attaching some resources for you to look over regarding finding the right niche and trendy products to sell on your store: 

Definitely let me know these work out for you and if you need me to clarify anything. Also, what point of your store set-up are you at? I can also send over some dropshipping apps for you to try if you'd like. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Hk13

When it comes from my experience supporting our merchants on the platform, I have found that stores with a clear niche or category of products that they sell perform better as customers who visit their site know exactly what it's about and are not overwhelmed with too many choices. Specializing in a specific niche also gives customers some sort of comfort that the store they are visiting is selling good, quality products since they are solely focused on watches, for example. 

However, you can also not negate the power of a well-designed website. If you can display an entire department of goods in a way to excites and entices your customers then all the power to you. I recommend you come up with a couple plans you want to pursue then tweak it as you observe how your customers are interacting with the store.

I am attaching some resources for you to look over regarding finding the right niche and trendy products to sell on your store: 

Definitely let me know these work out for you and if you need me to clarify anything. Also, what point of your store set-up are you at? I can also send over some dropshipping apps for you to try if you'd like. 

Hk13
Tourist
8 0 1

Please do. That would be great! I've done a changeover on my store. Would appreciate it if you had a look and gave your opinion on it?

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

Checkout these popular dropshipping apps from the app store: 

These apps come highly rated from the app store and all have been installed a fair amount of times. Feel free to checkout these apps for you to try!

I would love to checkout your site. Can you please share your URL in the thread so myself and other contributors can look at your store and provide our feedback. 

Definitely let me know how this works out for you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Hk13
Tourist
8 0 1

Oh cool. I'm familiar with those apps as i have been using them for my store. Besides spocket. Will take a look at that. Thank you.

My website URL is www.huzfaco.com 

Your feedback on my store would be much appreciated 

Hk13
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for that. I am familiar with those apps as i have been using them for my store. Besides spocket. Will take a look at that. Thank you.

My website URL is www.huzfaco.com 

Your feedback on my store would be much appreciated 

Daniel
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1122 78 171

Thanks for that bit of information and clarification. 

Checkout these other dropshipping apps as well:

As for your store, I was finally able to visit. Please refer to the following with regards to my feedback:

• Way to utilize the use of a favicon! Definitely gives the site a more professional feel. 
  • I was also able to get to the checkout page without issues! 
  • The social media icons linked at the bottom of your page are not redirecting customers to the right area. Please ensure you have accurately connected your links in this section. 
  • Also with dropshipping, it's worth noting that the more you customize your products (title, descriptions, photo usage) the more it enriches your brand as well as top distinguish it from other similar dropshipping stores with similar products. 
  • Here's a great blog post from us about building a brand, specifically from a jewelry brand which you might find useful. 
  • Adding some sort of reviews app like this one will entice your customers to buy more as they can see firsthand accounts from others who have purchased the same products. We have seen an increase in conversion rates when it comes to these apps.

How's your journey so far, @Hk13? Would love to hear more from you to see how possibly we can help still.