Is the latest Shopify POS update causing business disruptions?

modeltune
Tourist
10 0 11

I think i posted this in the wrong place previously - apologies.

If you have not installed the latest POS update DON'T DO IT.  I REPEAT DON'T DO IT.

It is so broken it is crazy.

Wont take cash payments

Wont connect to card readers

and thats aside from it now looks awful and wont fit on one screen like it used to.

They apparently made this update available to 1% to "test", though didn't let the unfortunate 1% know this, oh and they cant back out the update.

They acknowledge the issues (which prevent my business from operating!) but have no time line on the fixes.

This might just be the straw that breaks the donkey's back!!!

What way is this to run a business.

Replies 4 (4)

Reptiles
Tourist
3 0 1

Yes!  The 7.0 update is a mess.  So many issues.  We have several too.  They should figure out a way to rollback, get that new version off the app store and put the older version back so we can re-install asap!  

modeltune
Tourist
10 0 11

Update - still no update - entering day 5 of not having an adequately functioning EPOS  in my high street store with no update from the Shopify technical team!!!

Reptiles
Tourist
3 0 1

Still having many of the same issues.  There has been updates but they are not fixing major issues with the app.  

• Our register won't open any longer.  We have to do it manually.  
  • Images are still missing all over the app.
  • Barcode scanners don't work right.  Only scanning part of the code.. works fine in other applications and even the simple note app.     
  • Multiple item issues when you need to change counts.. if you need to change a 1 to a 25 for instance, you can't simply delete/backspace the 1 any longer.  Hassle.  
  • Many other issues.. I don't have the time to list.  

This version needs to be scrapped or taken seriously.  All it takes is somebody in support to put this next to the previous version to see most of these issues.  Its getting closer to a month with these issues.  

Reptiles
Tourist
3 0 1

Can we get an update from shopify support?  Maybe an eta on when some of these issues are going to be fixed?