Yet another POS update bug: card reader not connecting daily

Yet another POS update bug: card reader not connecting daily

Chrisjigsaw
Shopify Partner
42 1 41

Here's another issue I've found with the new POS version, in addition to the three I've already posted about:  ever since the update, when running the first cc transaction of the day, I have to restart the app because the card reader won't automatically connect. As if I needed another reason to be minorly embarrassed during in-person transactions, but at least it gives me time to complain about my POS system to a different customer on a daily basis. Sure, I could proactively restart the app when I get in every day, but I shouldn't HAVE to remember to do that in order to jump yet another Shopify hurdle!

Chris

Replies 4 (4)

Racherach
Visitor
2 0 0

This happens to us everyday too and the support has been absolutely terrible. All of the updates have disrupted our business so much the past month+ we are switching to a new processor and platform at the end of the year. Shopify is not concerned with the functionality of their devices and their support system is exhausting, unhelpful and has quite literally made my life worse this summer. 

Chrisjigsaw
Shopify Partner
42 1 41

Okay, so today was the first day in at least two weeks where the reader didn't give me any problems on the first cc transaction of the day. I also saw that the request to restore the '00' button has been addressed, although that weird extra text in the order emails has actually gotten worse.

But my question is: does this mean that Shopify is trying to sort out all the bugs & annoyances in the new POS?  **fingers crossed**

Chris

Racherach
Visitor
2 0 0

I didn’t even see your post about the double zeros, but same grievances apparently. Makes tquick transactions way more difficult. We also now have to enter a title for a quick sale item. Is that affecting you as well? I have had the worst time trying to get through to support. Not sure what to do at this point. 

UASTUDIO
Tourist
5 0 8

switching to shopify was the biggest mistake of my life.  Inevitably,  the card reader will not  work when I have a tent fill of people with a fist fill of merchandise. Last night I watched at least 20 people leave my stall.  Playing 'chicken' with the WIFI sucks. I would be interested to know if the membership level has anything to do with it. Do the premium subscribers with the all in one hand held POS device go through this too?