Can I add unsupported printers and labels to Shopify's Retail Barcode software?

DebQuilter
Visitor
1 0 0

Feeling frustrated...please help.

I have a printer AND labels that are 'unsupported' by Retail Barcode software.

I have a Zebra LP 2824 Plus AND labels that are 2.25 x 1.25.  Neither this printer, nor the label size show up in the Retail Barcode software.

Is it possible to ADD these to the software?

Or do I need to purchase different software that works with Shopify (need inexpensive).  

I'm predominately an online-only store and I vend at trade shows occasionally--thus I don't need a lot of labels.

This is a great little printer (not cheap) and I have a full box of these labels (pricey) would prefer to use these and not have to buy another printer and labels.

My next problem is doing this all on a Mac.  I could do on a windows computer, but Mac is preferred.

Any / all suggestions are welcome.  Thank you! 

Reply 1 (1)

RubyWalker
Shopify Partner
37 5 12

In our store, we use a third-party app from the Shopify App Store called Multi-Label Barcodes (no affiliation – other barcode apps are available). I just checked and it supports Zebra 2.25 x 1.25 labels. Basically, it creates a PDF of your selected labels, so as long as you can print a PDF to your LP2824 on your Mac, then something like this would likely work and not be too expensive.

Do you have your LP2824 set up on your Mac already? If not, a Google search will take you to some helpful advice (including a YouTube video which looks like it walks you through the steps).