Solved

About API in case of payment by Bank deposit

Hayato
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello.
I am looking into an API for bank transfers.

I am automating the process of triggering when a user completes an order on Shopify and entering that order and product information into Monday.com.

My client wants to make a bank deposit, but is not sure if the bank deposit will be caught by the trigger.
I am currently using Make to automate the process triggered by Order_paid.

1) Does anyone know how the API returns when a user orders an item with a bank deposit?
2) Is this the same API that is returned for credit card payments?

Thanks.

Hayato

Accepted Solution (1)

Umiko
Shopify Staff
42 8 13

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Hayato 👋

The `Order,paymentGatewayNames` field should specify the payment gateways used to pay for the order. For example, paying with a credit card via Shopify Payment would return "Shopify Payment",  whereas orders paid through a custom manual payment method like bank deposits, would list "Bank Deposit" as the payment gateway.

Hope that helps!

Umiko | API Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Umiko
Shopify Staff
42 8 13

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Hayato 👋

The `Order,paymentGatewayNames` field should specify the payment gateways used to pay for the order. For example, paying with a credit card via Shopify Payment would return "Shopify Payment",  whereas orders paid through a custom manual payment method like bank deposits, would list "Bank Deposit" as the payment gateway.

Hope that helps!

Umiko | API Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Hayato
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi, @Umiko !

Thank you for your reply!

I see, I understood.

So, I should use Order.paymentGatewayNames.

Thank you so much umiko🙌