Add link in customer account to pay an order that is 'Pending Payment'

khard
Shopify Partner
22 1 8

Wholesale use case here.

The site customers submit orders that come in as a draft order, which the merchant then approves and converts to an order. There is new Shopify functionality that allows you to choose Pay Later and assign a due date (from a limited list). At this time the merchant can manually send the client an invoice once the order is created. This works alright for them but requires a very manual process of managing the payments.

I am looking to add a Pay Now link within the customer account if the order is not paid in full. I was not able to find anything on how to link back to the order checkout without manually pressing "Send Invoice" within the admin>orders section.

Note: There are ways to do this with draft orders but this is not a viable option for the merchant.

Any direction or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies 4 (4)

zimousdigi
Shopify Partner
52 0 2

Hi @khard,

would you mind checking our app Payster: https://apps.shopify.com/payster-payment-email-reminder

It's designed to send email reminders to pay for pending orders, and it can contain instructions for payment or a link to the checkout. The setup is straightforward and fast.

Try the app for free for 14 days to see if it helps to solve your problem.

Martin Zima
Digismoothie
khard
Shopify Partner
22 1 8

Can this read the Payment Due later "Terms" and send a reminder when it becomes "Past Due"?

Orders are not draft orders but actual orders, with payment pending, and the new Due Later feature in use. 

zimousdigi
Shopify Partner
52 0 2

Yes it reminds also this order, but currently can't read the due date and all scheduling is base on order creation date. So if you have the same due conditions for all orders, it's not a problem to set it up. 

Martin Zima
Digismoothie
RaphaelStolz
Shopify Partner
43 0 11

Hey @khard,

I just read your request.

We offer an advanced version of @zimousdig's app (cheaper plan even). But, our app can also read the payment terms if wanted.

To quickly demonstrate how that could look like:

1. The draft order comes in.
  2. Payment terms are added.
  3. The draft order is converted into an order.
  4. Finally, Kindly (our app) automatically monitors the order and sends reminders from the time the order becomes overdue. Simple as that. 🙂 

The setup is super quick and easy! Try it yourself (Free plan available):

Kindly - Payment Reminder

https://apps.shopify.com/kindly-payment-reminder

(I know it's not what you need, but we also support to remind draft orders. Maybe someone in the community is looking for such a solution.)

And please, if you ever need anything feel free to just text us through the in-app chat (or reply here if it is interesting & helpful for the community).

Hope to hearing from you soon!

Warm regards,

Raphael

Kindly - Payment Reminder
Send reminders to recover unpaid orders and maximize your revenue.