Solved

Adding Tips to an Order Using the Order API

Ralph-HA
Shopify Partner
106 7 46

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to add a tip to an order while creating an order using the Order API.  The new tip fields on the order API are not marked as read only.  I've tried to add a line item with the new `line_items.tip_payment_gateway` and `line_items.tip_payment_method` as well.  I've also tried to add the `total_tip_received` field and the data is never added to the created Order and the API does not return an error.  Based on the Order API documentation all three of these fields are writable.  I've also looked over this announcement post, https://community.shopify.com/c/API-Announcements/Upcoming-Launch-Shopify-Tips/td-p/395406 and tried adding a `line_item.name` of `Tip` with the new fulfillment status but nothing seems to work.

Would someone be able to guide me on how we can add tips when creating orders using the Order API as there doesn't seem to be any documentation on how this works and the fields are not accepting the data I'm providing.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.  

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
Accepted Solution (1)

Ralph-HA
Shopify Partner
106 7 46

This is an accepted solution.

I'm a little late on this but just wanted to update this in case anyone else runs into this issue.   I spoke with Shopify technical support and they let me know that the tips field on the Order API can not be written too.  The documentation does not identify the fields as read-only but they can not be written to using the Order API at this time.  This may change in the future but as of now these fields are ready only.

Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Ralph-HA
Shopify Partner
106 7 46

This is an accepted solution.

I'm a little late on this but just wanted to update this in case anyone else runs into this issue.   I spoke with Shopify technical support and they let me know that the tips field on the Order API can not be written too.  The documentation does not identify the fields as read-only but they can not be written to using the Order API at this time.  This may change in the future but as of now these fields are ready only.

andy1987
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi - checking in to see if there's been any movement on this front... looking for ways to set tip amounts received via API