Solved

Admin API (REST or GraphQL): List Products/Variants with no Images

ReneK
Tourist
10 0 2

We have goods management system with tens of thousands of products. Automatically, every night (through our interface) we upload products to shopify. We need a way to be informed (before our customers are) about products without images (example: where uploading images failed or images have not been provided).

How can I list all the products without images using REST or GraphQL Admin APIs, pls? We do not want any manual method like sorting or using some manual tool. The requested solution must run automatically every night, after sending products to shopify. We can use both REST or GraphQL. Thank you.

Accepted Solution (1)

VivekH
Excursionist
12 1 14

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @ReneK 

Here's a mutation we use to check the media images we created are actually processed by shopify. You can run this on all product create/update and use the status property to list all properties without images.

VivekH_0-1633467372615.png

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

ReneK
Tourist
10 0 2

Meanwhile, I found solution on my own. I check Shopify return message (REST API) immediately after creating a product. If created product contains no image, but it is supposed to have one, then set product status to "draft" and do some other tasks, like send an email...

VivekH
Excursionist
12 1 14

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @ReneK 

Here's a mutation we use to check the media images we created are actually processed by shopify. You can run this on all product create/update and use the status property to list all properties without images.

VivekH_0-1633467372615.png

ReneK
Tourist
10 0 2

Hello VivekH,

Thank you so much. My above mentioned solution works for me for now. However, it looks like your GraphQL solutions can run faster if there are many products with no images. I am sure, your answer will help others. Let me mark your answer as the accepted solution.