[ALERT]: Server External ID Not Matching to Pixel External ID for ViewContent Event

Jeff211
Tourist
7 0 5

No, I mean that the errors are irrelevant, the errors are benign and not related to any of the performance issues we're seeing. The discarded events that are hurting Facebook's ability to track conversions and wrecking our ads are being discarded by Facebook on purpose in order to comply with Apple's policies. Has nothing to do with the External ID errors.

These errors are annoying and supposedly shouldn't be showing up anymore, but they aren't actually harmful.

0 Likes
StrategeryLLC
3 0 0

Thanks for the quick response to this. I was brought in by a client to try and help resolve errors he was seeing on behalf of his client. So I am coming to this looking for a solution, but unfortunately I don't have a ton of ground-level knowledge of the platform. 

What you're saying, if I understand is that these errors can be disregarded and are unavoidable due to the new iOS opt-out mechanisms?

0 Likes
Jeff211
Tourist
7 0 5

No, the errors have nothing to do with iOS 14.5 except that they happened to start appearing at the same time as an update to the API. If they are ALSO having problems with tracking conversions, then yes, that's from iOS 14.5 opt-outs, but not related to these errors. A lot of people in this thread are conflating the two because of the timing.

Here is what Shopify support had to say:

Our developers and the team at Facebook have definitely noticed a large increase in these errors, and it appears to be due to an updated implementation in Facebook's CAPI version 2.

We have heard back from Facebook, and they have noted that these errors will not be impacting Pixel performance on your store. As well - they have notified us that Facebook has removed the new instances of this error related to External ID not matching. Can you please review your Facebook Pixel, and let us know if you're seeing any new instances of this error? The error may still exist historically in the data of your Pixel, but going forward Facebook has mitigated this issue.

0 Likes
Alex666x
2 0 0

Yep i recieved that error yesterday image_2021-07-19_123925.png

0 Likes
Terrelerose
2 0 0

did you ever find a solution? i really need help.

0 Likes
Terrelerose
2 0 0

Did you ever find a solution? i really need help.

0 Likes
blackasus
1 0 0

Did anyone find a Soluton yet?

0 Likes
Derelicte
Excursionist
31 1 3

I just started having this issue this week

0 Likes
Benny2002002002
Tourist
8 0 3

I have no issue. Contact Facebook ad manager and shopify they will get it fix for you . But the sales has declined tremendously since a few days ago I don’t know if it is related to this. 

0 Likes
Derelicte
Excursionist
31 1 3

Yeah my sales seemed to be low all week too until I finally saw these errors today and it said it first noticed the error 6 days ago. 

0 Likes