API access to delivery instructions for orders

Solved
Kasuteh
2 0 9

I'm trying to create a private app that requires the delivery instructions for each order. Any guidance on where this is accessible at least in the REST API? I've checked the order APIs already.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
836 99 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Kasuteh,

Data relating to our new Local Pickup feature isn't currently available through the API. If/when this is implemented, it will be announced in the changelog.

JB | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 28 (28)
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
836 99 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Kasuteh,

Data relating to our new Local Pickup feature isn't currently available through the API. If/when this is implemented, it will be announced in the changelog.

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Kasuteh
2 0 9

Sad to hear that but thanks for the response! At least I didn't spend too much time searching for something that isn't available yet

Emma_S
1 0 0

Hey _JB,

Sorry to post on a "closed" discussion, but I am also very keen on getting the delivery instructions including in the shipping information for an order.

Would you have any idea if and when this may be included in the orders api?

Thanks for your time.

KBetterReports
Shopify Partner
68 0 20

Hi JB and Shopify team,

We would like to add support to this request as well.

This has been a recurring ask from many merchants using the new Local Delivery Option. Currently, there is no way to access this without checking each order individually.

A Delivery Instructions field in the Order API would help us provide it to them. 

Please let us know if this is in the pipeline or would be implemented soon.

Thank you so much!

jmenzel
Shopify Partner
16 0 2

Hi @Kasuteh, I had the same problem. What I did was enable the COMPANY field in Checkout, and changed the "company" text to "Special Delivery Instructions".

Hope it works for you!

CWang
2 0 1

We were trying to look for access to the pickup location as well! The implementation of this would be really appreciated! 🙂 
Thanks for the answer.

ab01
2 0 5

Same issue here!

shopmaker9
Tourist
4 0 4

Adding another vote for this feature. This is quite a frustrating limitation when using Local Delivery.

t1llmann
2 0 3

yes, or at least allow the delivery instructions to be printed on the POS receipt. At the moment there is almost no way for our delivery employees to know what they need to do

ABarber
1 0 2

Hi @JB

Is there any update on the availability of this feature?

It's nearly impossible to have to open up each order individually to get this information where a simple export would save hours of effort for us.

Thanks

adamdry
1 0 1

+1

We use the orders API to put all the order information into one view for the shop owner. They need this information as well. Currently they have to manually click into each local delivery order in Shopify.

Thanks

Adam

HR-Liquors
Tourist
7 0 0

Brother i am having the same issue its so frustrating

HR-Liquors
Tourist
7 0 0

Hey man we all really need this feature available ASAP these order notes are getting on my nerves. I cant click on every order to read notes manually 

rodrigo5
Tourist
4 0 2

Any updates to this issue? We have a delivery service and it's the fact that this feature is missing is almost a deal breaker.

_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
836 99 211

Hi all,

The 2021-04 API version added a field under the fulfillmentOrder object called deliveryMethod. This field can be used to determine whether the customer chose the in-store pickup option.

rodrigo5
Tourist
4 0 2

What I need are the delivery notes that were added by the customer on checkout, such as "Please ring the red doorbell", this is very important, we pass this information to the delivery driver and would need to have this in the API, it's impossible to do it by hand

_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
836 99 211

@rodrigo5 Oops sorry, I conflated different issues. I'll follow up on this.

kgstew
2 0 1

Any further updates on this? Delivery Instructions are critical for Local Delivery and should be exported with the webhook payload for order creation.

Harrydebatsaap
3 0 0

Still no update on this from Shopify??