Solved

API access to update order prefix and order suffix in order name in Shop settings

NathanBrnrd
Visitor
2 0 4

Hi there,

I was wondering if one of Shopify's API would allow to update programmatically the settings found at "/admin/settings/general" under the "Standards and Formats" section.

I would like to update the prefix and suffix values frequently and doing it by hand not be ideal.

I did not find how to access those properties in the API doc but I might have missed it.

Thanks.

Nathan

Accepted Solution (1)

awwdam
Shopify Staff
249 42 36

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @NathanBrnrd - great question here, I can absolutely see cases where this functionality would be helpful. After checking our Store Properties API docs here, it looks like this isn't specifically available through the API at this time - Cheers!

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

awwdam
Shopify Staff
249 42 36

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @NathanBrnrd - great question here, I can absolutely see cases where this functionality would be helpful. After checking our Store Properties API docs here, it looks like this isn't specifically available through the API at this time - Cheers!

awwdam | API Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

NathanBrnrd
Visitor
2 0 4

Thanks @awwdam 

Exactly. This could be useful for many cases.

If ever you find a way to do it. Please let me know 🙂

Mchein
Visitor
1 0 2

Is there plans in the future to make this available? 

Or is there there a way to do it on an order to order level?

taraRCH
Excursionist
21 1 7

This is something my company could use as well, has there been any consideration given to allowing this?

Software Developer - Business Analyst