API Health : I upgraded my app and webhook event version, but I am still getting a warning

rheannonedev
Shopify Partner
6 0 3

Hey everybody! 
I upgraded my app to use 2022-10 admin API endpoints and bumped my webhook event version to 2022-10. 
I'm a little concerned because my partner dashboard still shows an API health warning. However, according to this screen, my last deprecated call was on May 15. I deployed my upgrade since then, about 5 days ago. 
Do I still need to be concerned??

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 11.07.02 AM.png

Replies 4 (4)

cdarne
Shopify Staff
30 5 14

Hi!

Thanks for your question: the warning you're seeing is about the Protected Customer Data (PCD) that is enforced with the 2022-10 version: https://shopify.dev/docs/apps/store/data-protection/protected-customer-data

That means that for some topics containing PCD (Orders being part of it), you'll need to request access to PCD in the Partner Dashboard. That is why you're seeing those warnings now. Depending on your needs you can ask for different level of access (with different level of requirements). Everything you need should be detailed in the documentation provided above.

Cheers,

Cedric | Developer @ Shopify

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

rheannonedev
Shopify Partner
6 0 3

Awesome. Thanks for the reply! For this app, I have already applied for and been approved for PCD. Any thoughts? 
Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 12.04.42 PM.png

cdarne
Shopify Staff
30 5 14

Hey! So given that the API version has been updated and the App has been approved for PCD, then I'd advise to re-create the webhook subscriptions to make sure the new API version is used.

cdarne
Shopify Staff
30 5 14

Actually, you might just need to look at the "Last 7 Days" or "Last Day" deprecation warning: they should be solved as you did all the required step recently. If they still display warnings, then it's not normal.