API ShippingCarrier

Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
213 6 43

Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone has more information on the shippingcarrier API, we use it to calculate real time shipping with ups and add pickup points.

At first I used the title only to display the shipping options, but it looked pretty messy:

To fix this, I now use the description part of the shipping response, And I re-order the items with shopify scripts to have the 'normal' shippig options on top:

Now the issue is, when someone selects a pickup option, the descriptin is not saved in the shopify order, so we don't know the shipping address:

is it possible to somehow get the shippingdescription in the order details?

Software Developer | Owner of Tom IT - We build shopify apps
Marketplace Order Connector | Amazon bol.com & Walmart DSV
Product Inventory Information | Geolocation, Store Pickup & More

Order Related Documents | Link Documents to Products Or Countries
Replies 3 (3)
Kristina
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
46 0 3

Hi Thomas,

carrier_identifier should be included in the Order shipping items when an order is created. You can use that identifier to reference the CarrierService and retrieve the description. 

The customer's shipping address should still be included in the order details, regardless of the shipping selection. Are you hoping to include the description because it has a different address (for pick-up?).

Thanks,

Kristina
Engineer, Developer Experience

Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
213 6 43

sorry for the late response, I missed the notification.. I will check out the carrier_identifier, that sounds what I need. And yes I would've liked to add the description because of shipping to a pickup location, but maybe I just need to update the shipping address to the pickup location..

Software Developer | Owner of Tom IT - We build shopify apps
Marketplace Order Connector | Amazon bol.com & Walmart DSV
Product Inventory Information | Geolocation, Store Pickup & More

Order Related Documents | Link Documents to Products Or Countries
arizvi
1 0 0

Hi,

I have a similar issue where I want to retrieve the description on the carrier service object.

Do you know how to retrieve it via the carrier_identifier? I couldn't find it in the documentation.

Thanks