App Block deep links do not work

Andrew-Corknine
Explorer
76 1 29

Hello,

I am following the instructions to use a deep link to allow for easy install of my new app section, however the deep link seems to just take me to the theme editor but does not display anything about the app section or start adding it.

Are these deep links enabled? My url looks correct but all it does is link to the theme editor, when I believe it should start adding the app block.

Replies 8 (8)

Jason_T
Shopify Partner
23 0 2

I'm facing the same issue. Deep linking seems to only work for embed blocks as it leads to the App Embed tab.

What about app blocks?

Hope this gets answered by someone.

Linkcious automatically generates related products, up-sells, and cross-sells your entire catalog across your sites much like Amazon's related products. The best part is Linkcious can be used on external sites as well. Use Linkcious on your blog and you will see "Amazon like" related products from your ecommerce store on your blog.
shanejearley
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

Running into the same issue. Hoping to get to the bottom of this and will share here if I have any success!

shanejearley
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

Removing "context=apps" and adjusting the link to 

https://${shop}.myshopify.com/admin/themes/current/editor?&template=${template}&activateAppId=${uuid}/${handle}

works to open the theme editor with the section side panel. 

Still not working as far as adding the app block automatically. Will try playing around with the context parameter.

sagar_at_avyya
Shopify Partner
31 1 16

https://shopify.dev/apps/online-store/theme-app-extensions/extensions-framework#simplified-installat...

There is a note here which states that "Deep linking is compatible only with app embed blocks. You can't deep link to an app block."

sagar_ranglani_0-1638454255900.png

Sagar @ Avyya - Modern Sales Booster
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Webdibs
Shopify Partner
30 2 9

I spoke with Shopify support. Currently deep link does not allow enabling app blocks. It only works for App embed.

Stretching the limits of Shopfy, Wordpress & WooCommerce since 2010.
jackcylin
Shopify Partner
21 2 9

It does work for me (app embed). Make sure you have the correct uuid and handle as the link of @shanejearley 

To ensure you have the correct uuid, you can "shopify extension connect" or "shopify extension info" to get the uuid.

ianherri
Excursionist
13 0 12

Hoping someone at @Shopify can help here. I too am facing this issue.