Solved

App charges appSubscriptionCreate graphql

abdul81
Shopify Partner
20 1 2

Hello,

I am creating charge for app and successfully implemented it. I have a particular question.

1- If merchant creates a charge and pays for first month, but doesn't pay the second month, does charge status switch to Pending or Cancel

2- If merchant current charge is active (ACTIVE Subscriptions Topic) and we create an other charge, does the previous active charge auto cancel or merchant will be paying double fee?

Thanks alot 

Product Manager at Developer's Capital

• Creator of App Quantity & Volume Discounts
  • Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
  • Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
,new value=Product Manager at Developer's Capital
  • Creator of App Quantity & Volume Discounts
  • Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
  • Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Accepted Solution (1)

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @abdul81 

Thanks for raising this! So, for 1) If the merchant agrees to a subscription and they have a payment method already then it would be automatically charged.

With 2) when a new charge is activated the existing one is cancelled and replaced by a new charge. You can see here for further information.  Hope that helps!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @abdul81 

Thanks for raising this! So, for 1) If the merchant agrees to a subscription and they have a payment method already then it would be automatically charged.

With 2) when a new charge is activated the existing one is cancelled and replaced by a new charge. You can see here for further information.  Hope that helps!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!