App Requires minor updates

abhex
2 0 0

Hi, 

I have been going back and forth and am trying to explore the docs but I am not able to get this sorted. I am trying to build an app for Shopify. 

My app is almost there and I want this final piece of the puzzle to be solved. 

When encouraging a merchant to install additional apps or connect the app to another store, apps must use the standard install process initiated from the app listing. You can't request a merchant's .myshopify.com URL

My app is currently not approved, so there is no listing page? Where can I get the listing page for an unapproved app? I have explored every nook and cranny in the partner's portal, the only thing remotely relevant is a preview listing URL. 

Where should I redirect my user to without having a listing page? 

Please help - anyone.

Thanks

Replies 8 (8)
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 64 81

Hey @abhex 

I'm technically not in the team that works on these types of questions, off the top of my head I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure this won't have been the first time this sort of question has been asked though. If you hadn't already, I would contact Shopify Partner Support Directly here - they'll be able to authorise you, and get you the help you need.

Saw you hanging there so thought I'd reach out!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
kevlai22
5 0 0

Hi, did you manage to solve your problem? I am facing the same problem and there are no posts in the forum that has a solution. I contacted Shopify Partners Chat support and they referred me to ask here again and ask on their Slack channel. I'd appreciate it if there's any advice or pointers on how to fix this.

HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4763 54 548

Your App exists in the cloud, and is reachable from an URL. The same one you provide to Shopify to get your API keys. That is your listing for your unapproved App. All the listing in the App store does is point to that same URL.

Note that you cannot just hand this out though, as it won't work till Shopify approves your App. Instead you test on your dev shops till it passes the review.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
kevlai22
5 0 0

That's the problem I'm facing, because if the URL is not accessible before Shopify's approval, we cannot test it and make a demo video to demonstrate the on-boarding process and functionality.

HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4763 54 548

Of course you can! Just fire up a demo shop. You can make as many as you want. So you just install your App in a demo shop and go to town. Nothing unusual there. Especially if it is important to show off to your customers what they can expect.

You do not need to do anything difficult here. If you have installed/uninstalled your App 1000x by now on your road to "our App is almost done"... I am super baffled as to how you can even state that, as install is the first thing you have to get right before anything else.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
kevlai22
5 0 0

I understand what you mean, and we did use development stores to test our app, which their installation is done through the Shopify portal, not through the app listing.

My problem is we have a button in our own website which allows users to click and do Shopify integration there by filling in their shopify store URL, which is not allowed by Shopify, but if we follow the guidelines and replace that button with our app listing link, we can't make a demo since that app listing link is not accessible when the app is still under review.

jgreasy
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Kevlai22, Did you ever find the url for your listing? I'm in the same approval black hole where they tell me i need to redirect to the app listing link, but can't tell me how to find my link.

HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4763 54 548

If you read the previous responses you'd see that the link is the one you make for your App in the Partner setup of the App, where you get your API keys. That is it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Not complicated.