Development discussions around Shopify APIs
As per the "Webhook metrics" page, starting from yesterday, 2021-07-20, our application can't receive more than 60% of webhooks - HTTP 403 and Timeout errors.
We noticed that all failed webhooks are:
1) coming to the wrong URL, the one that we used more than two years ago;
2) coming from shops that uninstalled the app more than two years ago;
3) coming from closed shops.
Could you please explain is this expected or not. What information do you need to investigate the issue?
Hello, @nikitamaruniak ,
I don't believe this is expected, no. Could I get (in a DM) your application id, topic(s) you are seeing, and maybe the old and new URLs? Are these app/uninstalled webhooks by any chance?
Something to note is that wherever these new subscriptions came from, if your application is not responding with 2xx status codes, the subscriptions will eventually be deleted.
james-langille | Developer @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog
As a business owner, have you ever wondered when your customer's first impression of yo...By Skye Jun 6, 2023
We're excited to announce improvements to the threaded messaging experience in our communi...By TyW May 31, 2023
Thank you to everyone who participated in our AMA with Klaviyo. It was great to see so man...By Jacqui May 30, 2023