Development discussions around Shopify APIs
As per the "Webhook metrics" page, starting from yesterday, 2021-07-20, our application can't receive more than 60% of webhooks - HTTP 403 and Timeout errors.
We noticed that all failed webhooks are:
1) coming to the wrong URL, the one that we used more than two years ago;
2) coming from shops that uninstalled the app more than two years ago;
3) coming from closed shops.
Could you please explain is this expected or not. What information do you need to investigate the issue?
Hello, @nikitamaruniak ,
I don't believe this is expected, no. Could I get (in a DM) your application id, topic(s) you are seeing, and maybe the old and new URLs? Are these app/uninstalled webhooks by any chance?
Something to note is that wherever these new subscriptions came from, if your application is not responding with 2xx status codes, the subscriptions will eventually be deleted.
james-langille | Developer @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog
I've sent you details in DM.
Thanks to all Community members that participated in our inaugural 2 week AMA on the new E...By Jacqui Mar 10, 2023
Upskill and stand out with the new Shopify Foundations Certification programBy SarahF_Shopify Mar 6, 2023
One of the key components to running a successful online business is having clear and co...By Ollie Mar 6, 2023