FROM CACHE - en_header

appSubscriptionCreate monthly trial bug

User1011
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I've noticed an unusual trial date duplication using appSubscriptionCreate mutation when when changing subscription from annual to 30-days.

When i create an annual charge and give user 14d trial - everything's ok, if i'll try to move user to another annual plan with the same trial - everything's still working fine.

The problem occurs only when i have annual plan with trial and changing it to 30-day subscription, if i add trial_days param with the same 14 days, for some reason it is multiplying (showing that trial will end in 28d) 

if i set trial_days to 0 - it shows that trial will end in 14 days. 

If i first purchase a 30-day subscription, and then migrate to annual - it works fine, trials are not duplicating. 

Is there a logical reason why it's happening ? If not, then maybe someone from shopify devs could look at this ? 

Replies 3 (3)
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
402 64 82

Hey @User1011 

Thanks for raising this! My apologies for the delayed response. I can confirm that our Billing team has a fix currently in the works for this, I'll endeavour to circle back here and communicate when it's Shipped. Thanks!

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
402 64 82

Hey @User1011 

I just wanted to circle back here to inform you that the initial bug that caused this has now shipped. Please let me know if you have any further queries at all! Thanks.

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
User1011
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Nothing has changed to this date, the problem still exists.