Automatic XML Order Export

WolfgangAmadeus
3 0 0

Hi folks, 

I work with a distributor that uses EDI to take and fulfill orders in XML format. I need the following but have not been able to find an expert or app that can help:

1. When an order is placed in Shopify, an immediate XML export of that order is triggered and the XML file is placed on a shared drive location.
  2. Every morning a scheduled job will pick up an XML file from a shared drive that contains fulfillment and shipping details for multiple orders. The XML file will be parsed and the appropriate orders will be updated with shipping info, notification sent to customer, order fulfilled and archived.
  3. Every morning a scheduled job will pick up an XML file containing invoice information. This information will be parsed and input into the appropriate fields of my store.

I've tried the feature to "Hire a Shopify expert" with no luck. Anyone have ideas?

Replies 5 (5)
CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
262 21 30

I would suggest the Mechanic app, it can do all the things you are looking for. They also have a Slack channel where you can post jobs and experts will pick them up and complete them fairly quickly. 

WolfgangAmadeus
3 0 0

I don't see any existing tasks in the Mechanic library that fit my requirements, in fact I don't see any related to XML at all but I'll take a deeper look and reach out to their Slack community and see what I can find. Thanks for the tip!

Foginthefirs
1 0 0

Hi, I was wondering if you ever succeeded in automating the export of job-specific XML data.  I am in need of a solution to export information on each job entered in Shopify.  Job-specific information about the job is needed and other specific information is not needed.  This is for manufacture to order environment with a finite set of job criteria.  Any information on the best App and or approach to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

WolfgangAmadeus
3 0 0
Hi,
Unfortunately no, I didn't find a viable solution from the vendors that
reached out. Technically, it is relatively simple to do but the bids were
more that the value for me. Venders were asking $2500 to $5000 in addition
to setting up an independent server to host the application. I'm sure
there's a better, cheaper way but I haven't pursued it further as of yet.
Peter
Amadeus
CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
262 21 30

Feel free to reach out via DM. I'm sure we can make this work for you using our integration with Mechanic. Would cost much less than the prices you are being quoted.