Bulk importing shipping rates from a spreadsheet

GymJam
Shopify Partner
8 0 17

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could kindly get some assitance on a problem I'm having.

I am working with a company who are going to deal with shipping and returns of our products worldwide, once we launch our website in the next couple of months.

They have provided us with an excel spreadsheet containing prices for every country. The prices are based on weights, so each 0.25kg step we have a price for each country. I will attach a screenshot of what we're working with below.

I would like to bulk import this into my Shopify website, so for each country on the spreadsheet, I would like to create a shipping zone and add both 'Standard - Tracked' and 'Standard - Untracked' options, with each of the weight-based prices. There's a lot of data.

Because we have quite a large amout of data, manually, would take weeks! I was hoping to use the admin/shipping_zones.json but they only support the GET request 😞

And because a range of couriers are being used, the Carrier-calculated shipping solution would not help us in this case.

Does anybody have any suggestions for this? 

Much appreciated

Replies 79 (79)

Scott_Yu
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi GymJam,

Could you also be so kind and share this program with me? My email is hello@cosmicbits.com.

Thanks!

Jamie_D_
Shopify Staff (Retired)
533 1 92

I would highly suggest using the CarrierService API to return rates rather than importing rates from a CSV file.

https://help.shopify.com/api/reference/carrierservice

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Dekoera_Info
Visitor
2 0 0

Dear GymJam,

I have been looking around for a way to bulk import shipping rates. Could you please sent the program to my email? john<at>krisstech.com

Thank you very much in advance!

Chris57
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi GymJam,

I've the exact same problem. Would very much appreciate if you could forward your program on to: chris [at] kinokostore [dot] com

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Hot_Machiato
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, 

I saw your posting and am also in need of the program. Pleas reply to carl AT gadener DOT net

Thanks,

Carl

KENNETH_WAN
Visitor
2 0 0

May I try your program? as I have more than 500 entries for shipping method, thanks.

John_Delk
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I have a spreadsheet to import as well. May I try this as well?

I'm shocked that one of the most complicated tasks to perform does not have a better solution within the Shopify standard options. adding rate one at a time just seems archaic.

Thanks

kledanhoj@gmail.com

GymJam
Shopify Partner
8 0 17

Apologies all, have only just seen this. Have emailed the above to follow up if you still require assistance with this. Cheers.

Anzimaty
Shopify Expert
13 0 1
Please can you send the program to my email iman@katergi.com. i really need it as soon as possible.

Thanks
Iman

Vicarious_Media
5 0 0

Hey GymJam, if you would be able to send me the script that would help me out a bunch! Thanks! ask <<at>> vicariousbooks [dot] co [dot] uk

Leading Motorhome Aires guidebook publisher

Aaron_Tremblay
Visitor
1 0 0

@gymjam I'm looking for a program just like this, if you're still willing to share, please email aaron at magnetmod.com

Thank you!

Friends_Fan_Sho
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Gymjam,

I would love to get this from you as well! friendsfanshop@gmail.com

Thanks so much! 

ssdc
Shopify Expert
29 1 4

wow this is worth a try, would really like to try this program, send to me also please. Email address: me (at) samuelsabandar (dot) com

Shopify Expert based in Indonesia. Visit our website ssdc.co

AhsanKamal
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello GymJam,

Looks like this is exactly what I am looking for for my store. I have almost 500 shipping rules which I would love to bulk import by someway. It would take me ages to configure those rules individually. 

Would you be kind enough to share your program with me? My email is ahsan@s82s.com

Thanks.

Leigh
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello GymJam,

With over 600 shipping rates to input, this is exactly what I have been looking for!  Could you please send your program to me - leigh@tdog-digital.co.uk

Thank you!

Kah_Hwee_Tan
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

Can I have this program too as I have a few hundred entries to enter? My email is jia@snacksies.com Thanks!

Hugh_Cameron
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello GymJam,

This will help me so much with my store. I have tables of shipping rates which I would love to bulk import.

Would you be kind enough to share your program with me? My email is hugh.cameron(at)chezpluie(dot)com

Thanks.

Hugh

Mark_Rosenberg
Tourist
7 0 8

Hi GymJam,

I would really appreciate if you could send this to me as well. My email is mark@sensel.com

Thanks so much!

Kind regards,

Mark

hcmlopes
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi @GymJam,

I would really appreciate if you could send this to me as well. My email is hcmlopes<<at>>gmail<<dot>>com

Thanks so much!

Henrique Lopes

Ahmad5
Visitor
1 0 0

Could you please send me also this script?
ahmad[at]belleah[dot]com

Renato_Nery_Dom
Visitor
1 0 0

Hay man, can you send me this program of yours? I really need this!
contato@geekngames.com.br

Yahya2
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello

please email me at yahyabcd@gmail.com

ThankYou

SuhagRaval
Visitor
1 0 0

Script Kindly please email to nileshdabhi2411@gmail.com

SVC
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi GymJam,

I would really appreciate if you could email me your bulk Shipping Rate import script too.  My email:

ar1439e  <AT>   gmail    dotcom

Many thanks... very much appreciated!

epsylontech
Visitor
2 0 0

Could to please share this program with me or email to ectindia.info@gmail.com. Thank You in advance

tolgapaksoy
Shopify Partner
105 7 64

Can anyone with this same issue send me some example spreadsheets? Preferably in CSV?

I'm working on an app to tackle this bulk importing of ShippingZones/DeliveryProfiles. I have the initial setup ready, but I'm not sure what kind of data people would have that needs importing.

DM me with a link to your spreadsheet, or if DMs allow it, just attach the file.

girishkr
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Can you please send me this at prashanttends1@gmail.com as well.

tolgapaksoy
Shopify Partner
105 7 64

Hi all,

I will be working on a Shopify app that can bulk import shipping rates. I require some examples of what kinds of spreadsheets should be supported.

Could you kindly provide me with examples at tolga<at>paramander<dot>com? Thanks!

stant
Shopify Partner
10 1 0

Hey!
Well good news for anyone coming here, I just released an app that allows to easily import your shipping rates through a csv file.
It's at https://shipping-rate-importer.com
The app also allows to do some post processing of your rates, like filter countries/continents and carriers. You can also add a security margin to your shipping prices to make sure you can handle any extra fees like fuel for example.

YOD_Solutions
Shopify Partner
185 21 28

For anyone who still have issues with importing large shipping data (CSV) for your shipping rates, we have recently launched an app, JsRates, that lets you import a CSV data file to setup shipping rates. JsRates enables you to write your own shipping rules using JavaScript - offering you full control and flexibility. You can see our recent article on how JsRates is used to import the postal code information of 16,146 cities in Australia and use it for shipping rates.  For more details, visit our website at https://jsrates.com or check our help documentation at How To Import Code - JsRates Documentation and Sample Importing Data - JsRates Documentation.

Founder @ JsRates: Custom Shipping Rates
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more about JsRates visit the JsRates home page or JsRates documentation
- Find JsRates on Shopify app store