Bulk importing shipping rates from a spreadsheet

GymJam
Shopify Partner
8 0 17

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could kindly get some assitance on a problem I'm having.

I am working with a company who are going to deal with shipping and returns of our products worldwide, once we launch our website in the next couple of months.

They have provided us with an excel spreadsheet containing prices for every country. The prices are based on weights, so each 0.25kg step we have a price for each country. I will attach a screenshot of what we're working with below.

I would like to bulk import this into my Shopify website, so for each country on the spreadsheet, I would like to create a shipping zone and add both 'Standard - Tracked' and 'Standard - Untracked' options, with each of the weight-based prices. There's a lot of data.

Because we have quite a large amout of data, manually, would take weeks! I was hoping to use the admin/shipping_zones.json but they only support the GET request 😞

And because a range of couriers are being used, the Carrier-calculated shipping solution would not help us in this case.

Does anybody have any suggestions for this? 

Much appreciated

Replies 76 (76)
GymJam
Shopify Partner
8 0 17

I wrote a program which handled this for me. If you are in need of this please feel free to message me.

defang_yang
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I have been looking for such program for many days.

I need this program. can you send email to yangdefang <<at>> gmail.com  ?

Matias_Jara
1 0 0

Hello 
I also need that program. If you could send it to me it would be great! matiasjara <<at>> gmail.com

thank you!!

covpolo10
Tourist
13 0 1

Hi

I also need this, please could you send to sales<at>waterpoloshop.com

many thanks

Scott_Yu
1 0 0

Hi GymJam,

Could you also be so kind and share this program with me? My email is hello@cosmicbits.com.

Thanks!

Jamie_D_
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
533 1 105

I would highly suggest using the CarrierService API to return rates rather than importing rates from a CSV file.

https://help.shopify.com/api/reference/carrierservice

Jamie | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Dekoera_Info
2 0 0

Dear GymJam,

I have been looking around for a way to bulk import shipping rates. Could you please sent the program to my email? john<at>krisstech.com

Thank you very much in advance!

Chris57
1 0 0

Hi GymJam,

I've the exact same problem. Would very much appreciate if you could forward your program on to: chris [at] kinokostore [dot] com

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Hot_Machiato
3 0 0

Hi, 

I saw your posting and am also in need of the program. Pleas reply to carl AT gadener DOT net

Thanks,

Carl

KENNETH_WAN
2 0 0

May I try your program? as I have more than 500 entries for shipping method, thanks.

John_Delk
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I have a spreadsheet to import as well. May I try this as well?

I'm shocked that one of the most complicated tasks to perform does not have a better solution within the Shopify standard options. adding rate one at a time just seems archaic.

Thanks

kledanhoj@gmail.com

GymJam
Shopify Partner
8 0 17

Apologies all, have only just seen this. Have emailed the above to follow up if you still require assistance with this. Cheers.

Vicarious_Media
5 0 0

Hey GymJam, if you would be able to send me the script that would help me out a bunch! Thanks! ask <<at>> vicariousbooks [dot] co [dot] uk

Leading Motorhome Aires guidebook publisher
Aaron_Tremblay
1 0 0

@gymjam I'm looking for a program just like this, if you're still willing to share, please email aaron at magnetmod.com

Thank you!

Friends_Fan_Sho
1 0 0

Hi Gymjam,

I would love to get this from you as well! friendsfanshop@gmail.com

Thanks so much! 

miloman18
Shopify Expert
7 0 0

wow this is worth a try, would really like to try this program, send to me also please. Email address: me (at) samuelsabandar (dot) com

AhsanKamal
1 0 0

Hello GymJam,

Looks like this is exactly what I am looking for for my store. I have almost 500 shipping rules which I would love to bulk import by someway. It would take me ages to configure those rules individually. 

Would you be kind enough to share your program with me? My email is ahsan@s82s.com

Thanks.

Leigh
1 0 0

Hello GymJam,

With over 600 shipping rates to input, this is exactly what I have been looking for!  Could you please send your program to me - leigh@tdog-digital.co.uk

Thank you!

Kah_Hwee_Tan
2 0 0

Hi,

Can I have this program too as I have a few hundred entries to enter? My email is jia@snacksies.com Thanks!