Solved

Call shopify's APIs to create a product, and the product image is missing

李程林
5 0 0

Hello,I encountered a problem, that is, when calling shopify's APIs, the pictures of some products will be lost. The API I use is from: https://shopify.dev/api/admin/rest/reference/products/product.
The specific is to call /admin/api/2020-07/products.json. This version is no longer visible. But the problem of missing pictures has existed for a long time. Every time you create 50 products, there will be about 5-10 products. There will be problems with the picture. I have reported the problem to the customer service, but the customer service did not give a substantive solution. I am guessing whether the shopify server has not downloaded the url I pushed in the past. I hope to give me feedback as soon as possible. My email is :antlcl@qq.com

Accepted Solution (1)
Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @李程林 

Good to know there's a solution in place.  The x-request-ID would be returned in the response headers when you make a request against Shopify's API.

If you don't have that request ID,  perhaps if you have the store name and can Direct Message me the store name, I can try and locate what happened with this request based on store ID and Product ID. It's tricky to say what exactly occurred without investigating the logs.  If this happened within the the last 14 days, I'll be able to find out what happened.

A storename/request ID will help,  as a product ID wouldn't be enough to locate the source of issue unfortunately due to the sheer number of various Product ID's Shopify holds. Let me know and we can go from there - thanks! 

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

李程林
5 0 0

product_id:6838569402565

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

Hey @李程林 

Do you have a request_id for this API call? That will allow us to pinpoint the failing request on the logs, thanks!

| Shopify |
李程林
5 0 0

@Luke_K  Hello, I'm not sure what request_id you are referring to, and I haven't found this request parameter at shopify.dev/api/admin. What I can confirm is mine now This product, the product id on the shopify platform is 683855942565. There is an interesting phenomenon, when I push this product to shopify, shopify may lose the picture, but I push it many times, the picture will appear again, I guess it is It’s not that shopify timed out or failed when downloading from the picture URL we provided, and then discarded the picture? Now our company’s temporary plan is, after pushing the data, if the number of pictures in the return value obtained from the push interface is the same as the push If there is an inconsistency, we will repeatedly push this product.At present, this problem has been temporarily solved.If it is not solved, it will affect our company's 3000+ store sales, which is worrying.

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @李程林 

Good to know there's a solution in place.  The x-request-ID would be returned in the response headers when you make a request against Shopify's API.

If you don't have that request ID,  perhaps if you have the store name and can Direct Message me the store name, I can try and locate what happened with this request based on store ID and Product ID. It's tricky to say what exactly occurred without investigating the logs.  If this happened within the the last 14 days, I'll be able to find out what happened.

A storename/request ID will help,  as a product ID wouldn't be enough to locate the source of issue unfortunately due to the sheer number of various Product ID's Shopify holds. Let me know and we can go from there - thanks! 

| Shopify |