Cannot edit orders for stores selling in multiple currencies

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
894 23 173

From the Edit Order FAQ

You might not be able to edit an order for the following reasons:

• You don't have the Edit orders permission.

• The order was placed in a different currency to your store's currency. If your store sells in multiple currencies, then you can edit only orders that are in your store's currency.

• The order is more than 60 days old.

I am now using the Edit Order API but I'm having the same caveat in my app. I can't edit some orders in another currency. Is there any way to work around this limit?

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
Replies 3 (3)

chrismark
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

no, we have tried it through the edit order api and it does not work when an order is placed in a different currency from your store currency.  

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
894 23 173

There are so many landmines in this order edit API. Today, one of my app users is selling in multi-currency and the order edit stops working for the foreign orders. 

It becomes a mess for the merchants to update inventory manually. 

If there are some factors that cause it to stop working, it's simply not ready for production IMO. I hope that Shopify can follow up the issue. At least, giving developers a way out instead of a dead end.

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
jam_chan
Shopify Partner
894 23 173

@chrismark Did you set up another way to handle these multi-currencies orders?