Cannot find Sales Channel Name in Order

Solved
sasawatc
Tourist
11 1 3

I'm trying to export orders based on Sales Channel Name via Shopify Python API. However, I couldn't find a field related to it. The field does exist as a column in the Shopify's Sales Over Time report.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
rumo
Tourist
3 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

It seems that app_id field in order object is the same as sales_channel url parameter if you filter orders by sales channel in admin. 

And you can filter orders by attribution_app_id (using REST API, don't know about Python API) which essentially is filtering by sales channel.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)
rumo
Tourist
3 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

It seems that app_id field in order object is the same as sales_channel url parameter if you filter orders by sales channel in admin. 

And you can filter orders by attribution_app_id (using REST API, don't know about Python API) which essentially is filtering by sales channel.

sasawatc
Tourist
11 1 3

Thanks Rumo, the app_id field seems to be related to the sales channel! You're awesome!

Now I know I can just try to look from the report on an order from each sales channel from the admin report tool, however, I'm just wondering if it possible to find the name or app_name so I can later map between the app_id and the name?

Cheers!

Tatjana88
1 0 0

Hi @sasawatc, did you ever find solution for this? 

Cheers!

sasawatc
Tourist
11 1 3

Hi @Tatjana88!

Not really. I wasn't able to find anything in any of the API to get the Sales Channel Name. I ended up having to manually created our own association table to map between `app_id` and the Sales Channel Name. But note that some cases the `app_id` might be able to represent more than one Sales Channel Name (in our cases, our custom channel app sometimes reported the same app_id as Online Store). I'm no longer with the company and it's been a while so I can't give the exact details. Hope this helps!

Cheers!