Check if our app is still installed in a shop without access token

medev
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

How we can check our app is still active/Installed in a shop using API. Need to check it without user access token.

0 Likes
achieveapplabs
Shopify Partner
501 39 78

When the app is initially installed subscribe to appuninstalled webhook. When the app is uninstalled Shopify will send you a request signifying the uninstall action. Prior to this you can assume the app is installed. Without an access token you can't send valid requests to Shopify API so your choices are limited.

Use Approovly to create and track order approvals | Looking for more Shopify apps? achieveapplabs.com/#apps
0 Likes
medev
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Thanks for the answer. 

I have few installation that I didn't tracked the installation/un-installation using webhook. Is there any way to check it again?

0 Likes
achieveapplabs
Shopify Partner
501 39 78

In that case write some application logic that updates a timestamp on your database when the customer logs in so you know they are active. Or you can subscribe to the appuninstall webhook the next time they use your app like after authentication and then all your existing installations will be fine. The ones in the past that never subscribed I think will be somewhat a hack to do this. Or you can simply email your merchants and ask if they're still using it, just a thought.

Use Approovly to create and track order approvals | Looking for more Shopify apps? achieveapplabs.com/#apps
0 Likes
onspruce
Tourist
7 0 1

You can view the app installation and charge accept history of each shop via the partners dashboard search tool:

Untitled.png

0 Likes
hardwoodmarble
Excursionist
15 0 12

As recommended by the documentation, Apps are supposed to suppose to account for missed webhooks. For this reason I have a nightly task to "catch up" with anything that might have possibly been missed.

But, that task will fail for Shops that are no longer active. This includes Shops that have lapsed subscriptions (see https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-sdks/402-quot-errors-quot-quot-unavailable-shop-quo...)

I would love to know if there is an API endpoint where we can query to see whether API requests will succeed or fail. Otherwise I'm stuck doing something like

raise(error) unless error.message.include?("Unavailable Shop")

0 Likes