Connect Klarna API to Shopify

Edonedo
Visitor
3 0 0

We are getting sales via our own Klarna Checkout portal and want to send those orders to our Shopify order section so we can manage them all in one place.

Klarna says this is possible by connecting my API to Shopify, but i don't know how to do it.

I've tried to add a custom app but there i can't add any API myself...

What should i do in this case? 

Replies 7 (7)

Solutions1
Trailblazer
152 12 24

Sign up with Klarna. To get started, you'll need to create a merchant account and sign up with Klarna.
Get your Klarna API credentials. Generate new API credentials by going to Settings in the Merchant portal. ...
Install Klarna in your Shopify store. ...
Place a trial purchase.

I am here to help you Reach me any time

Thanks

Solution1

Edonedo
Visitor
3 0 0

Already have merchant account and api. Stated in the post above...

Problem is this is NOT capturing payments through shopify payments.

And there is no app to install from Klarna. So how would you install Klarna then?

Solutions1
Trailblazer
152 12 24

Hello Edonedo

Kindly let me know which country your from or store is built

Thanks

Solution1

KristiAtKlarna
Shopify Partner
205 14 39

Hi @Edonedo ,

The current Klarna alternative payment method HPSDK integration (and upcoming new payments integration) redirect back to Shopify code to place the Shopify order.  With upcoming Shopify new payment integrations, I believe Shopify would not allow orders to be created directly via API external to their payments integration architecture, but hopefully these links will provide some helpful documentation about what Shopify APIs offer regarding this.

Edonedo
Visitor
3 0 0

We are NOT using klarna payments. 

We are using KLARNA CHECKOUT. 

I already tried to connect with the API from the document your colleagues at Klarna sent us. But it is ONLY for payments.

Lets try to explain it one more time.

Shopify will ONLY act as the dashboard were we will handle our orders and send info to our fulfillment partner.

SO, when you place an order via our stand-alone KLARNA CHECKOUT it will FIRST go to our Klarna Merchant portal. 

NOW, we want that order to be sent to Shopify. 

That's it. 

KristiAtKlarna
Shopify Partner
205 14 39

Hi again @Edonedo ,

I was hoping that by sharing how the current Klarna Payments integration works with Shopify, it could help with your request about how to place orders in Shopify for KCO.  I believe that Shopify intentionally does not expose an API to allow orders to be placed directly by code into Shopify.

KristiAtKlarna
Shopify Partner
205 14 39

Hi again @Edonedo ,

I requested our developer provide some input regarding this; hope this helps!

If you want just to pass orders data to Shopify, and ignore any order management done within Shopify Admin, you should be able to do so.
Below is proposed solution that we did not test to fully prove out, but as we use some of these Shopify APIs, this likely could work. 
1. Create private app (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/apps/private-apps) on Shopify Admin with write_orders permission
2. Store Shopify API credentials on your backend server 
3. After creating order in Klarna Checkout, use Shopify API to create order: https://shopify.dev/api/admin/rest/reference/orders/order#create-2021-07