Create a custom action for marketing automation actions

evelinagk
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a marketing automation app. I followed the guide about creating a marketing extension here https://shopify.dev/docs/apps/marketing/marketing-activities/getting-started  however I would like to connect my marketing automation to be triggered when an abandoned checkout happens. 

I see that when creating a custom marketing automation, a workflow appears where the user can connect a trigger ("Customer abandons checkout" in my case) with an action. However, I only see some Shopify actions and one "Automizely Email Marketing,SMS" outside action. Is there a way to create an action that will appear at this list through a custom app?

evelinagk_0-1679675471487.png

Replies 5 (5)

janv
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

I am struggling to find a way how to do this as well. The docs for it seems not sufficient.

ShopifyDevSup
Shopify Staff
1321 216 456

Hi @evelinagk & @janv 👋

We have a guide to building connector apps for Shopify Flow here

Hope that helps!

@Umiko 

Developer Support @ Shopify
- Was this reply helpful? Click Like to let us know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

janv
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

Hi @Umiko @ShopifyDevSup ,
thank you for your reply. There are actually two similar concepts in Shopify
- Flows and
- Marketing automations

janv_0-1680083660986.png

I am interested in creating Marketing Automation - more specifically to create custom action there similar as the 3rd party app Automizely is doing here.

janv_1-1680083940416.png

I am struggling to find a documentation on how to create such action.

evelinagk
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Thank you for your help @Umiko. I have tried that and although I can see my app's action in the Flows actions tab, I can't see them to the Marketing Automations Custom Workflow Actions tab.

ShopifyDevSup
Shopify Staff
1321 216 456

Thanks for clarifying! 

Generally the marketing automation extensions show under `Admin > Marketing > Automations > 3rd party automations`. I'd recommend reaching out to partner support here to review your app settings/status, and share the necessary steps for your app to be listed as an trigger/action in the `Custom marketing automation` section.

Developer Support @ Shopify
- Was this reply helpful? Click Like to let us know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog